Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Protected List - Expansion Draft Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Protected List

Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    This is a momnumental opportunity for Marc Bergevin. He is 5 years into his tenure as GM and has yet to contribute to its core. It will be YEARS before this kind of crop becomes available again, he should be putting together an astronomical offer for LV to try and fill the holes on the Habs.

Vatanen
    Kruger
    J.Johnson
    Kronwall
    Marchessault
    Staal
    Scandella
    Dumba
    Neal
    Strome

This is a weak draft and the Habs SHOULD be in win now mode. Why not propose a hefty offer for 2-3 of these guys to solifiy your team?
    Some of those are not on the market. It is believed that Vegas already made a deal with Anaheim on who they are going to take. There is also a deal with Columbus. There is also a deal with the Isles. These are just the ones that have leaked. We don't know about others. Though i saw Scott cullen saying as many as 7 trades are made.

Some of those are shit too... Kronwall and Kruger I wouldn't even want.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    Some of those are not on the market. It is believed that Vegas already made a deal with Anaheim on who they are going to take. There is also a deal with Columbus. There is also a deal with the Isles. These are just the ones that have leaked. We don't know about others. Though i saw Scott cullen saying as many as 7 trades are made.

Some of those are shit too... Kronwall and Kruger I wouldn't even want.
    At least 2 will be. Guarantee you can get at least one of those MIN options (Staal/Scandella/Dumba)

Post Thanks / Like

I don't expect Vatanen, Strome and Neal to be available due to side deals in place with Ana, Isles and Preds.

Staal & Marchessault would fit the bill - Habs need to focus more on offense than D IMO.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone think Thomas hickey would be a good fit here?

Hickey and Staal make it happen

Post Thanks / Like

My boy says vegas offered to take pleks or emelin for a pick
    If you are going to continue to allow people to post vile racist crap, and defend pedophilia on the site, then I'm done posting here.... if you really want to find me... you know where to look.

Post Thanks / Like

OMG please be true. Pleks no brainer IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

How 'bout both for 2-picks!

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if their will be a market for Emelin post expansion draft?

Post Thanks / Like

Martin Lemay (CBC French) said this morning, he spoke with McPhee couple of weeks back & was told LV is going after value (a pick now to select a player who can then be flipped next deadline for additional pick) because none of the players they select at expansion draft will be around when they're ready to compete. He's sure Plekanec will be taken.

- Geoff Molson

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Martin Lemay (CBC French) said this morning, he spoke with McPhee couple of weeks back & was told LV is going after value (a pick now to select a player who can then be flipped next deadline for additional pick) because none of the players they select at expansion draft will be around when they're ready to compete. He's sure Plekanec will be taken.
    McPhee was using Lemay to get to Bergevin. #Machiavelli
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    OMG please be true. Pleks no brainer IMHO.
    I hate giving up draft picks to get rid of a player, especially if its anything higher than a 4rth rounder

They should just buy him out
    Go Habs Go!

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I hate giving up draft picks to get rid of a player, especially if its anything higher than a 4rth rounder

SOmething tells me we will give the 3rd we acquired for NB or a second (wash or ours which is not far from a buf 3rd), In fact, that would have
    been the purpose of the trade. Instead of losing NB, trade him for them to pick Pleks (though the sabres)
    Last edited by tazsub3; 06-19-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tazsub3 View Post
    SOmething tells me we will give the 3rd we acquired for NB or a second (wash or ours which is not far from a buf 3rd), In fact, that would have
    been the purpose of the trade. Instead of losing NB, trade him for them to pick Pleks (though the sabres)
    Yeah, that makes some sense to me. I think a 3rd round pick is about as much as I would want to deal to dump Pleks contract, so if it costs the pick we got for Beaulieu, that works for me.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    How 'bout both for 2-picks!
    No way....we are piss poor on prospects after the Chevy trade .

Let us be the facilitator to get picks and prospects at the deadline.

It's not like freeing up some cap space is going to win us a cup this year . Let Vegas take Pleks or Emelin as freebies .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post

Buying him out doesn't get rid of the cap hit... you'd get 2 million this year and another 2 million next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    No way....we are piss poor on prospects after the Chevy trade .

Let us be the facilitator to get picks and prospects at the deadline.

It's not like freeing up some cap space is going to win us a cup this year . Let Vegas take Pleks or Emelin as freebies .
    IMO this management team & ownership group is obviously focused on trying to win now. Acquisition of NHL ready talent vs drafting & development in the near term.

Besides u add players like Drouin (22), and potentially Beauvillier (20 on ELC) + Leddy [26 signed for next 4-5 yrs at known price ($5M / $5.5M?)], pretty much adding NHL ready young players....and buying a few years for drat system to catch up. Leddy becomes Markov replacement & buys 2-yr window (min) to acquire/draft the next Dman in the rotation.

BTW - I hear the next 2-drafts (2018 & 2019) are projected to be exceptionally deep.

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

I won't care much about our prospect farm if we're getting young NHL players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    Me neither.

I would trade our first round pick (with whatever else necessary) every year for young, credible prospects.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

"Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    with our drafting/development track record, I prefer young NHL players. I would seriously consider trading our mid round 1st every year. those picks are overvalued IMO
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    with our drafting/development track record, I prefer young NHL players. I would seriously consider trading our mid round 1st every year. those picks are overvalued IMO
    At some point it comes back to bite you, but where we are on the curve, we should be pushing in the next couple years. If we can get young guys like Drouin, then at least those are guys who we can build through once this current core is past its prime and we need to rebuild.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast