Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 510

Thread: Protected List - Expansion Draft Thread

  1. #221
    Legend BKerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    This is a momnumental opportunity for Marc Bergevin. He is 5 years into his tenure as GM and has yet to contribute to its core. It will be YEARS before this kind of crop becomes available again, he should be putting together an astronomical offer for LV to try and fill the holes on the Habs.

    Vatanen
    Kruger
    J.Johnson
    Kronwall
    Marchessault
    Staal
    Scandella
    Dumba
    Neal
    Strome

    This is a weak draft and the Habs SHOULD be in win now mode. Why not propose a hefty offer for 2-3 of these guys to solifiy your team?
    Some of those are not on the market. It is believed that Vegas already made a deal with Anaheim on who they are going to take. There is also a deal with Columbus. There is also a deal with the Isles. These are just the ones that have leaked. We don't know about others. Though i saw Scott cullen saying as many as 7 trades are made.

    Some of those are shit too... Kronwall and Kruger I wouldn't even want.

  2. #222
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    Some of those are not on the market. It is believed that Vegas already made a deal with Anaheim on who they are going to take. There is also a deal with Columbus. There is also a deal with the Isles. These are just the ones that have leaked. We don't know about others. Though i saw Scott cullen saying as many as 7 trades are made.

    Some of those are shit too... Kronwall and Kruger I wouldn't even want.
    At least 2 will be. Guarantee you can get at least one of those MIN options (Staal/Scandella/Dumba)

  3. #223
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    53,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    I don't expect Vatanen, Strome and Neal to be available due to side deals in place with Ana, Isles and Preds.

    Staal & Marchessault would fit the bill - Habs need to focus more on offense than D IMO.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  4. #224
    Legend HabsFan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fort McMurray, Canada
    Posts
    9,659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Anyone think Thomas hickey would be a good fit here?

    Hickey and Staal make it happen

  5. #225
    Legend BKerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    My boy says vegas offered to take pleks or emelin for a pick
    If you are going to continue to allow people to post vile racist crap, and defend pedophilia on the site, then I'm done posting here.... if you really want to find me... you know where to look.

  6. #226
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    My boy says vegas offered to take pleks or emelin for a pick
    OMG please be true. Pleks no brainer IMHO.

  7. #227
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    53,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    My boy says vegas offered to take pleks or emelin for a pick
    How 'bout both for 2-picks!


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  8. #228
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    I wonder if their will be a market for Emelin post expansion draft?

  9. #229
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    53,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Martin Lemay (CBC French) said this morning, he spoke with McPhee couple of weeks back & was told LV is going after value (a pick now to select a player who can then be flipped next deadline for additional pick) because none of the players they select at expansion draft will be around when they're ready to compete. He's sure Plekanec will be taken.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  10. #230
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Martin Lemay (CBC French) said this morning, he spoke with McPhee couple of weeks back & was told LV is going after value (a pick now to select a player who can then be flipped next deadline for additional pick) because none of the players they select at expansion draft will be around when they're ready to compete. He's sure Plekanec will be taken.
    McPhee was using Lemay to get to Bergevin. #Machiavelli
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  11. #231
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    51,355
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    OMG please be true. Pleks no brainer IMHO.
    I hate giving up draft picks to get rid of a player, especially if its anything higher than a 4rth rounder

    They should just buy him out
    Go Habs Go!

  12. #232
    1st Liner
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,899
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I hate giving up draft picks to get rid of a player, especially if its anything higher than a 4rth rounder

    They should just buy him out
    SOmething tells me we will give the 3rd we acquired for NB or a second (wash or ours which is not far from a buf 3rd), In fact, that would have
    been the purpose of the trade. Instead of losing NB, trade him for them to pick Pleks (though the sabres)
    Last edited by tazsub3; 06-19-2017 at 04:06 PM.

  13. #233
    Legend UWHabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by tazsub3 View Post
    SOmething tells me we will give the 3rd we acquired for NB or a second (wash or ours which is not far from a buf 3rd), In fact, that would have
    been the purpose of the trade. Instead of losing NB, trade him for them to pick Pleks (though the sabres)
    Yeah, that makes some sense to me. I think a 3rd round pick is about as much as I would want to deal to dump Pleks contract, so if it costs the pick we got for Beaulieu, that works for me.

  14. #234
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,694
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    How 'bout both for 2-picks!
    No way....we are piss poor on prospects after the Chevy trade .

    Let us be the facilitator to get picks and prospects at the deadline.

    It's not like freeing up some cap space is going to win us a cup this year . Let Vegas take Pleks or Emelin as freebies .

  15. #235
    Legend BKerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    39,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    I hate giving up draft picks to get rid of a player, especially if its anything higher than a 4rth rounder

    They should just buy him out
    Buying him out doesn't get rid of the cap hit... you'd get 2 million this year and another 2 million next year.

  16. #236
    Legend Sal_Butera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Here, there & everywhere
    Posts
    53,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    No way....we are piss poor on prospects after the Chevy trade .

    Let us be the facilitator to get picks and prospects at the deadline.

    It's not like freeing up some cap space is going to win us a cup this year . Let Vegas take Pleks or Emelin as freebies .
    IMO this management team & ownership group is obviously focused on trying to win now. Acquisition of NHL ready talent vs drafting & development in the near term.

    Besides u add players like Drouin (22), and potentially Beauvillier (20 on ELC) + Leddy [26 signed for next 4-5 yrs at known price ($5M / $5.5M?)], pretty much adding NHL ready young players....and buying a few years for drat system to catch up. Leddy becomes Markov replacement & buys 2-yr window (min) to acquire/draft the next Dman in the rotation.

    BTW - I hear the next 2-drafts (2018 & 2019) are projected to be exceptionally deep.


    “We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”


    “So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

  17. #237
    Legend GrandWazoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    41,772
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    I won't care much about our prospect farm if we're getting young NHL players.

  18. #238
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    60,689
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    I won't care much about our prospect farm if we're getting young NHL players.
    Me neither.

    I would trade our first round pick (with whatever else necessary) every year for young, credible prospects.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

    My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

    "Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

  19. #239
    The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    40,605
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    I won't care much about our prospect farm if we're getting young NHL players.
    with our drafting/development track record, I prefer young NHL players. I would seriously consider trading our mid round 1st every year. those picks are overvalued IMO
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

  20. #240
    Legend UWHabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,761
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Protected List

    Quote Originally Posted by CH1 View Post
    with our drafting/development track record, I prefer young NHL players. I would seriously consider trading our mid round 1st every year. those picks are overvalued IMO
    At some point it comes back to bite you, but where we are on the curve, we should be pushing in the next couple years. If we can get young guys like Drouin, then at least those are guys who we can build through once this current core is past its prime and we need to rebuild.

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •