• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Protected List - Expansion Draft Thread

Re: Protected List

Neal will be claimed no doubt.

Ya, sucks for them, but better Neal than one of their 4 defensemen. They have guys who can step in for Neal, but lack centers and nobody can replace a Josi, subban, ekholm or Ellis.

Expansion team will be deeper than many teams in the league with the way things going on. LOLL!! Lots of good players out there.

Expansion team will be deeper than many teams in the league with the way things going on. LOLL!! Lots of good players out there.

I wouldn't be surprised to see teams throwing first rounders at them in order to save their current rosters.

Their prospect pool might end up being deep as opposed to their actual roster.

I wouldn't be surprised to see teams throwing first rounders at them in order to save their current rosters.

Their prospect pool might end up being deep as opposed to their actual roster.

What is the rule on this regard?

What is the rule on this regard?

As far as I understand it, it's as if LV takes a player, Neal for example and trades him back to Nashville for a first rounder. Instead of going through the process of actually taking Neal, only to return him they just take Nashville's first rounder.

That's my understanding of it, I could be wrong.

Yeah I think LV picks Plekanec if MB gives them the right incentive. Otherwise I think Emelin & Hudon are a lot more attractive.

I don't think Emelin is attractive at all. Not if you look at the unprotected lists and see the defencemen out there.

Then you are asking, who has more value, Pleks or Hudon.

I don't think Emelin is attractive at all. Not if you look at the unprotected lists and see the defencemen out there.

Then you are asking, who has more value, Pleks or Hudon.

I agree - a lot of quality defensemen are out there. There are literally millions+ ways the draft can unfold but I am thinking some guys are protected via 1st rounder deals, others are dangled for assets and McPhee goes after prospects too, which leaves Emelin attractive both as reliable blueliner with potential to extend beyond next year AND a trade-deadline asset (Ds are always valuable).

LV could end up with Staal, Marchessault and Brock Nelson down the middle. For under $7M total. Not bad. And they can trade Staal at the deadline.

hmm Sakic protected Ghetto and not Soderberg and Grigorenko.
Sharks protected Carpenter and not Boedker and Ward.

Last edited:

LV could end up with Staal, Marchessault and Brock Nelson down the middle. For under $7M total. Not bad. And they can trade Staal at the deadline.

If they want to pass on Mathew Dumba and Jason Demers, who could be amongst the best dmen in this draft.

The Islanders are giving up a first round pick to Las Vegas so that they don't touch any of their forwards, then went protecting 3F 5D. So the NYI are only going to lose their #6 d-man.

The Islanders are giving up a first round pick to Las Vegas so that they don't touch any of their forwards, then went protecting 3F 5D. So the NYI are only going to lose their #6 d-man.
Are we sure vegas is agreeing all forwards are off the table.

With columbus the first round pick.protected like 3 guys according to the reports.

It might just be a list of forwards like dont touch strome bailey nelson and cizikas.

This is a momnumental opportunity for Marc Bergevin. He is 5 years into his tenure as GM and has yet to contribute to its core. It will be YEARS before this kind of crop becomes available again, he should be putting together an astronomical offer for LV to try and fill the holes on the Habs.

Vatanen
Kruger
J.Johnson
Kronwall
Marchessault
Staal
Scandella
Dumba
Neal
Strome

This is a weak draft and the Habs SHOULD be in win now mode. Why not propose a hefty offer for 2-3 of these guys to solifiy your team?

This is a momnumental opportunity for Marc Bergevin. He is 5 years into his tenure as GM and has yet to contribute to its core. It will be YEARS before this kind of crop becomes available again, he should be putting together an astronomical offer for LV to try and fill the holes on the Habs.

Vatanen
Kruger
J.Johnson
Kronwall
Marchessault
Staal
Scandella
Dumba
Neal
Strome

This is a weak draft and the Habs SHOULD be in win now mode. Why not propose a hefty offer for 2-3 of these guys to solifiy your team?
Agreed - only not sure what LV has set the market demand to at present.

Back