• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Protected List - Expansion Draft Thread

Protected List

Do we leave Shaw unprotected?
I would but not sure MB will given his history/attachment to Shaw. Too bad Petry has to be protected due to NMC.

The other aspect no one talks about, since the protected list will be made public, how slighted will players who are left unprotected feel & what will that mean for their going forward relationship with their present team should they not be claimed by LV?

I get it's a business, but there will be repercussions...

Last edited:
Re: Protected List

Why 8 over 28? Is 28 not a higher valued asset? 8 is a dime a dozen...

there's a bit of game theory involved-- what does Las Vegas want more? 8 is a solid 3rd pairing guy who is signed for nothing for 2 more years. Beaulieu has more upside but has failed to carve any discernible role in this league.

FWIW, the talking head on TSN said Habs will protect Hudon.... and Vegas will end up picking Brandon Davidson. I for once agree with talking head.

BTW, Isaac's list is missing two forwards. You can protect 7F-3D-1G.

Last edited:

Lol yes 2 more forwards...just wasn't sure who they'd be. Hudon eh? MB loves Byron though.

Lol yes 2 more forwards...just wasn't sure who they'd be. Hudon eh? MB loves Byron though.

TSN guy had Byron, Dano, Chuckie, Gally, Hudon, Max, Shaw.

(also Price, Benn, Petry, Weber)

Byron is no brainer to protect. That contract is gold, even if his production is cut in half.

TSN guy had Byron, Dano, Chuckie, Gally, Hudon, Max, Shaw.

(also Price, Benn, Petry, Weber)

The only question mark IMO is between Beaulieu and Benn. The rest seems like no-brainers. But watch MB protect Plekanec and leave Hudon unprotected.

The only question mark IMO is between Beaulieu and Benn. The rest seems like no-brainers. But watch MB protect Plekanec and leave Hudon unprotected.

For me I would rather keep Benn than NB... actually let me expand... I want NB gone.

It would be interesting to leave Shaw unprotected but I don't think Vegas would bite.

I can't recall seeing Hudon play much but the way he is discussed on this board and the fact that he is likely to be protected makes me curious to see what all the fuss is about.

Who is worth more in a trade, Beaulieu or Benn?

To me its Beaulieu and thats why I protect him.

And I don't expect him on the team next year.

I also don't see Vegas taking Benn. I think they'd take Davidson before Benn....

I would but not sure MB will given his history/attachment to Shaw. Too bad Petry has to be protected due to NMC.

The other aspect no one talks about, since the protected list will be made public, how slighted will players who are left unprotected feel & what will that mean for their going forward relationship with their present team should they not be claimed by LV?

I get it's a business, but there will be repercussions...

find another line of work , and when you cant make 7 figures you will gladly accept not being protected

Who is worth more in a trade, Beaulieu or Benn?

To me its Beaulieu and thats why I protect him.

And I don't expect him on the team next year.

I also don't see Vegas taking Benn. I think they'd take Davidson before Benn....

Why Davidson? I see you and other pundits thinking Davidson will be taken but I don't quite get it.

Why Davidson? I see you and other pundits thinking Davidson will be taken but I don't quite get it.
I dont think they will take davidsson. I think they would prefer davidsson to benn due to age.

I think if we go with my list (protect hudon and beaulieu) vegas will take either de la Rose or Plekanec.

I will protect Beaulieu but i think some people rate him higher than his real value. I don't think Beaulieu land us more than a 3rd rounder with kind of season he had unless we package him in a deal.

Last edited:

Lehkonen doesn't need to be protected

Max
Gallagher
Byron
Galchenyuk
Danault
Hudon
Shaw

Weber
Petry
Benn or Beaulieu

We lose one of Davidson, de la Rose or Plekanec.

My big worry is Vegas takes Radulov and tries to convince him to join Ship

I will protect Beaulieu but i think some people rate him higher than his real value. I don't think Beaulieu land us more than a 3rd rounder with kind of season he had unless we package him in a deal.

what's Benn worth? A 5th?

Back