• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Jonathan Drouin

I'm coming to believe Galchenyuk's name floating is a ploy for contract leverage & scare some sense into Chucky - I'm sure he doesn't want to move to non-bling Minny or Carolina etc...

I'm sure he doesn't want another year on the 4th line either. The relationship is done.

I am very hesitant about trading galchenyuk. Trading him annihilate any move we just did (Drouin) to improve our offence. Also, I am not sold on bergevin getting fair value off galchenyuk. Young player who scored 30 goals should net you something great in return and I can't shake the feeling any trade he will do will be disappointing. Well either get an older player or a bunch of scrubs to patch some holes.

If Drouin was worth arguably the best dmen prospect in the league, then Chuckie should get us at least that, and more (in terms of vàue)

I would keep both Chuckie and Drouin....roll with our new awesome top 6 (assuming Radulov stays)

Somehow I don't think that's the case.

Why not? Galchenyuk has been as productive, actually a little more productive. Both are 3rd overall picks a year apart.

I love that we got Drouin and I like him a lot.... but I can't see a single reason that he's more valuable. They're really as close as 2 players could be.

Why not? Galchenyuk has been as productive, actually a little more productive. Both are 3rd overall picks a year apart.

I love that we got Drouin and I like him a lot.... but I can't see a single reason that he's more valuable. They're really as close as 2 players could be.

Higher ceiling, already as productive despite a being year younger, was 3rd overall in a strong draft year compared to a weak one, better possession stats. Also, perception. End of year for Galchenyuk didn't do him any favor.

Even with playing on the 4th line AG was 3rd on the team in scoring in the playoffs.

Despite missing 21 games he was 3rd on the team in regular season scoring... 2nd highest pace. A while playing 13th most TOI per game on the team.

I said when the Chucky + 1st for Drouin rumor came out that I wouldn't do it cause the two players were near equals, just one more a shooter and one more a passer.

I say keep em both.

Back