• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Jonathan Drouin

Bob McKenzie:
It is believed MTL GM Marc Bergevin and Drouin's agent Allan Walsh have already commenced negotiations on a contract extension.

I'd move Chucky for a legit first line center.

I'd like MacKinnon but I don't see it unless they cough up Pacioretty.

I'd take Duchene but not for Chucky or Pacioretty. Too bad they don't have any more trade pieces. Beaulieu won't cut it.

It's likely Yzerman did this move because of the expansion draft. He needed the slots.

I don't buy that.

He traded Drouin because as you say, while he is very talented, he's a flawed player and they have Hedman's deal kicking in with Tyler Johnson & Ondrej Palat needing new contracts.

Drouin's going to get paid sooner or later and the TBL didn't have the money for all their players.

With acquiring Drouin, I think Galchenyuk is all but gone.

Bergevin's a fool, but he isn't a blind fool. He knows they need a center (well, two centers, but let's start with acquiring one & move from there) and I think it's rather obvious they don't see Galchenyuk as a center.

Incoming Galchenyuk for Duchene in 3, 2, 1...

With acquiring Drouin, I think Galchenyuk is all but gone.

Bergevin's a fool, but he isn't a blind fool. He knows they need a center (well, two centers, but let's start with acquiring one & move from there) and I think it's rather obvious they don't see Galchenyuk as a center.

Incoming Galchenyuk for Duchene in 3, 2, 1...

I hope they keep Chucky after this trade.

Max-Danault- Radulov

Droiun-Chucky-Gallagher

I'm thinking cap wise... Plekanec is gone.

I'm also thinking one of Drouin/Chuck is seen as a centre by the Habs brass.

So who do we have that is a potential replacement for Markov? The only D prospect I can think of that may have a top 4 shot is Mete and that is a big question mark. In all seriousness, who are our top prospects now? I don't believe the lists online.

So who do we have that is a potential replacement for Markov? The only D prospect I can think of that may have a top 4 shot is Mete and that is a big question mark. In all seriousness, who are our top prospects now? I don't believe the lists online.

I think this trade is three things.

1) A little from the column... They are higher on Mete than you think.
2) A large part from the column... They finally said... we don't score enough goals... this kid is 22, and giving sergachev is painful, but lets do it.
3) A small pinch of .... french canadian superstar.

I'm finding it hard to be negative about this deal as a Habs fan

Who's going to play D? Sergachev will be ready soon.

Our D is not very mobile anymore. Petry is a #4 at best. Markoc is a legit top pair guy but he has 1-2 years left max. Weber? Nope.

Our D needs help and the cupboards are bare.

Jacob Jerabek?

Nobody of note.

There isn't a single prospect that you can point to and say, he's the guy.

Mete's a long way from making it, if ever. Juulsen's a second pairing guy probably, and even then he's on the right side with Weber & Petry signed to term.

Jake Evans is an interesting forward prospect, but again is a long way from making it.

There's a real case to be made that we have the worst prospect pool in the NHL.

Jonathan Drouin is the real deal.
I believe he can take it to the next level in Montreal. Underrated defensively also.

My only concern with him would be injuries.

Nobody of note.

There isn't a single prospect that you can point to and say, he's the guy.

Mete's a long way from making it, if ever. Juulsen's a second pairing guy probably, and even then he's on the right side.

Jake Evans is an interesting forward prospect, but again is a long way from making it.

There's a real case to be made that we have the worst prospect pool in the NHL.

That's how I feel too.

Back