• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire Jonathan Drouin

Pierre LeBrun:
Condition on the picks in Tampa-Montreal trade is that if Sergachev plays 40 games for Bolts next season, there are no picks exchanged.

I can't believe that some people are panning this deal because of what Sergachev MIGHT become some time in the future. Drouin is 22, not 32. He's still got plenty of future and upside left. Sergachev may become another Markov or he may become another Nesterov but whatever he becomes he won't be doing it for probably another five years. Drouin is a top 6 talent right now. The Habs got him for basically nothing. They sold Tampa hope in exchange for something real.

And the best part of this deal is that they were able to add a top 6 guy without giving up another top 6 guy (Galchenyuk)

I like Drouin, although I'm still not sold on him, but I really liked Ship. We went from a very bad farm to easily the worst now.

I feel similarly except I don't really like Drouin. I think he's overrated and a bit of a prima donna.

I like Drouin, although I'm still not sold on him, but I really liked Ship. We went from a very bad farm to easily the worst now.

So you're not sold on Drouin, who's already becoming a star player at the NHL level, but you really like Ship, who's done absolutely nothing as an NHLer yet and was underwhelming last season, both in his limited action against pros and in junior. Got it.

It's likely Yzerman did this move because of the expansion draft. He needed the slots.

So you're not sold on Drouin, who's already becoming a star player at the NHL level, but you really like Ship, who's done absolutely nothing as an NHLer yet and was underwhelming last season, both in his limited action against pros and in junior. Got it.

If Drouin is so awesome why didn't he lead the Lightning to the playoffs? They have the D for it.

Pierre LeBrun:
Condition on the picks in Tampa-Montreal trade is that if Sergachev plays 40 games for Bolts next season, there are no picks exchanged.

A straight Sergachev for Drouin trade is possible.

Ok, MB wins this round.

Back