• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Expansion Draft protected list revealed

Ronnie got away cheap??? Still remains to be seen how we get rid of Lack

Brickley is a pending UFA who has not and may never play an NHL game. Basically we gave them just a 5th rounder for them not to pick ANYONE from our roster?!?!? Doesn't that sound too good to be true? I know our exposed list was extremely weak...but really just a 5th round pick?

I thought that was a waste of 5th round pick. Not sure Stempniak or Nordstrom were that irreplaceable.

And if we do make a trade like that I'm betting what we trade to Vegas for Van Riemsdyk will make up for them basically giving us a pass in the expansion draft. Not that Ronnie isn't doing a good job, but I think people are giving him a bit too much credit thinking that what was announced tonight was all that Ronnie and Vegas did. I don't think so....

Agreed. Wait and see what the end game move looks like before rushing to judgement.

That said, TVR is at least decent as a puck moving third pairing right sider. He ain't perfect but he's a darned sight better than what we've been doing in that slot. So. if Ronnie spends a second rounder on him and a fifth rounder to keep Vegas away from Stempy and Nordstrom .... I'm cool with that. I'd have been happier if we could have managed to dump one of the excess goalies in the process, but again ... this whole process is not over yet.

BTW ... here's Vegas' "haul" from the Ex Draft ...

I've got to admit that I have a hard time figuring out what they intend to do on the forward lines. Neal and Lindberg were good gets but there's a lot of bleh in there. They took a lot of quality D though, so deals will be in the works.

1. Calvin Pickard (G) Colorado Avalanche
2. Luca Sbisa (D) Vancouver Canucks
3. Teemu Pulkkinen (LW) Arizona Coyotes
4. Jon Merrill (D) New Jersey Devils
5. William Carrier (LW) Buffalo Sabres
6. Cody Eakin (C) Dallas Stars
7. Tomas Nosek (LW) Detroit Red Wings
8. Jonathan Marchessault (C) Florida Panthers
9. Brayden McNabb (D) Los Angeles Kings
10. Connor Brickley (C) Carolina Hurricanes
11. Chris Thorburn (RW) Winnipeg Jets
12. Pierre-Edouard Bellemare (RW) Philadelphia Flyers
13. Jason Garrison (D) Tampa Bay Lightning
14. Jean-Francois Berube (G) New York Islanders
15. James Neal (LW) Nashville Predators
16. Deryk Engelland (D) Calgary Flames
17. Brendan Leipsic (LW) Toronto Maple Leafs
18. Colin Miller (D) Boston Bruins
19. Marc Methot (D) Ottawa Senators
20. David Schlemko (D) San Jose Sharks
21. David Perron (LW) St. Louis Blues
22. Oscar Lindberg (C) New York Rangers
23. Griffin Reinhart (D) Edmonton Oilers
24. Alexei Emelin (D) Montreal Canadiens
25. Clayton Stoner (D) Anaheim Ducks
26. Erik Haula (C) Minnesota Wild
27. William Karlsson (C) Columbus Blue Jackets
28. Trevor van Riemsdyk (D) Chicago Blackhawks
29. Marc-Andre Fleury (G) Pittsburgh Penguins
30. Nate Schmidt (D) Washington Capitals

The Vegas roster will look far different in 48 hours. Let's wait and see what happens as there are many trades that haven't been announced yet. Other than the 2-3 guys they brought on stage in the uniform, everyone is fair game.

I was a bit surprised by the goalie picks, but given the draft picks that came with Fleury and Berube, life is good for VGK

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Besides TVR, Methot, Schlemko and Emelin are rumored to be flipped.

Don't forget that they also picked up forwards Reilly Smith, Alex Tuch, Nikita Gusev (who hasn't played in North America yet) and Mikhail Grabovsky in side deals, as well as dmen Shea Theodore and Jake Bischoff.

Wait. You expect me to go back a page?

God help us :0)

Gotta bust your chops whenever the rare opportunity comes, man... Here's a screengrab that includes the secondary deal player haul as well.

Attachments

• 19400171_10154650195087197_2024982175392125524_n.jpg
    19400171_10154650195087197_2024982175392125524_n.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 7
I've got to admit that I have a hard time figuring out what they intend to do on the forward lines.

Theu are going to given Connor Brickley an NHL only contract before July 1 and he will be their 2nd line LW.

I've got to admit that I have a hard time figuring out what they intend to do on the forward lines.

They are going to give Connor Brickley an NHL only contract before July 1 and he will be their 2nd line LW.

I was a bit surprised by the goalie picks, but given the draft picks that came with Fleury and Berube, life is good for VGK.

Fleury sounds like he really wants the challenge of being the guy to carry the load in goal for Vegas, so a proven #1 for the Golden Knights right from the get go is nice. As far as the picks...they decided to go with Nate Schmidt over Grubauer and Lindberg over Raanta...so maybe McPhee has another trade up his sleeve to find a young netminder for the future behind Fleury.

Frank Seravalli‏Verified account @frank_seravalli 12m12 minutes ago
More
Done deal: Trevor van Riemsdyk is heading from Vegas to Carolina. Details to come. #TSN

Price TBD. Hopefully it includes Murphy going their way.

TVR knows both Darling from Chicago and Pesce from college days. Believe I saw a claim that Pesce and he were even roommates.

Upgrade on the 3rd pairing RD to be sure. Can even be overslotted to cover injuries. Nice add.

Price TBD. Hopefully it includes Murphy going their way.

TVR knows both Darling from Chicago and Pesce from college days. Believe I saw a claim that Pesce and he were even roommates.

Upgrade on the 3rd pairing RD to be sure. Can even be overslotted to cover injuries. Nice add.

It's the late second round pick from the Hainsey deal going to Vegas by all accounts, 62nd overall in the draft, so almost a third round pick!

Last edited:
According to another forum, "The Hurricanes have acquired Trevor van Riemsdyk and a seventh-round pick from the Golden Knights for a second-round pick."

So if that's right, by the math referenced above, it's a 2nd and a 5th for Stempniak, TVR, and a 7th.

Last edited:
According to another forum, "The Hurricanes have acquired Trevor van Riemsdyk and a seventh-round pick from the Golden Knights for a second-round pick."

So it's TVR, a 7th and keeping one of Stempniak/Nordstrom for Connor Brickley, a 2nd and a 5th.

I'm OK with this.

The 2nd rounder we traded was the Pens, #62 overall. We still have ours and the Rangers in the 2nd round.

Back