• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Happy Stanleyversary!

I didn't get any work done this day, 11 years ago.

Shout out to Jeffbear, who on that same day made his extra two tickets available for sale at face value in the lower bowl to Game 7 for me and a family friend to enjoy. My single best live sporting event I have ever attended by far in all my years!

Aww ... I had forgotten about you getting those tickets. Happy to have facilitated such happy memories.

Happy 11th Stanleyversary, Caniacs!

CH4tLqSUkAAohZS.jpg

https://www.google.com/search?q=Happy+Stanleyversary

Today was also Greensboro Hurricanes' birthday.

So you're just swerving between the bittersweet and good old fashioned sad, then?

RIP Bruce. I was thinking about him late last week in a different context.

So you're just swerving between the bittersweet and good old fashioned sad, then?

RIP Bruce. I was thinking about him late last week in a different context.

He got the best birthday present ever.

I was thinking about him last week too, as I was searching for video of Brindy's game winner in Game 4 of the 2001 first round.

I had a progress meeting at 10 in Greensboro the next morning. Muted celebration on my part.

That was 20% of my life ago.

I celebrated this in the wee hours of the day after (I was living and working in Toulouse) at the time. To be honest, I remember feeling somewhat jipped. (short changed). After all these long and sometimes quite suffering years... they go and win the Championship (unexpectedly) the first year I am living away from home. It was the same in 2009 as I was in Leipzig at that point. Ugh. Maybe that's why 2002 is even more magical for me 'nostalgically' since I was able to live and breathe the whole ascent through the likes of Habs and Leafs fans (dejected ones hehe). Still 2006 was amazing since I followed the team and was on the bandwagon of that magical coming together post lockout that happened.

Standing desk quote about made me spit my coffee out. Too funny. Good times; me and my 7 year old son with a memory we'll always remember. Now that kid is heading off to college this fall. Damn, how time flies! Q
Happy 12th Stanleyversary, Caniacs! Use that standing desk today -- nobody sits!

Back