• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs acquire David Schlemko from Golden Knights

Good skater, plays mistake free and a small cap hit.

Hopefully we spend the money up front, not like we should overpay for a D-man only to make them play like Schlemko anyway!

schlemkoemelin.jpg

I can honestly say I know nothing about this guy.

Second or third pairing guy? My guess would be third.

Third pairing ideally, can play some second pairing when injuries hit. A lot like Emelin and Benn. ... more offence and puck moving than those guys, and less hitting though.

I think its a good move.

I would have flip my 1sst pick to Vegas for Theodore and finally got the right partner for webber.

Vegas has no interest in moving theodore. He's 21 and will be a building block for them. Why do they want a first rounder for a 21 year old former first rounder who is now blossoming?

Yes but most here don't know him, hence the resulting ignorant remarks.

and I'm sure you are well versed in his career, strengths and weaknesses

He's been on what four/five teams in two years.

Most teams build from top pair down, Bergevin does the opposite, builds 5-8 and then hopes one can play top four.

Right now, even with this move, Davidson is our top signed left dman. How scary is that?

Most teams build from top pair down, Bergevin does the opposite, builds 5-8 and then hopes one can play top four.

Right now, even with this move, Davidson is our top signed left dman. How scary is that?

Anyone on here claiming to know much about this guy is lying. He's probably better than what we initially think, but no one is an expert on this guy. Even BKerr who doesn't seem to do much outside of researching hockey information is probably versing himself on this player now.

I would still take NB in a milisecond over Schlemko, and like I said 1/2 the salary and higher potential. Schlemko is like a 7th pairing dman.

I still don't understand why we traded NB then, NB >>>>> schlemko and cheaper

well we did end up with a better draft choice between those two, and did save the cap on Emelin

SFB likely would have made the same amount or more than the guy we picked up

I still don't understand why we traded NB then, NB >>>>> schlemko and cheaper

Nate wasn't protected so there's a risk Emelin would still be on our payroll. Gotta move on past the expiration moves.

Yes, it seems I've heard his name involved in trades or some sort of move every few months for years. He must be being used to soak up slippage. And you're right, this sort of move is constant with us,move spare parts in and out, in and out, once exposed or whatever we move them along again. Seems like a waste of energy from management.Is every team spending this kind of time on this sort of thing I wonder....

These guys are all like Bergevin the player...maybe not as good

Nate wasn't protected so there's a risk Emelin would still be on our payroll. Gotta move on past the expiration moves.

I still think our D is pretty weak, and we should be using cap min on 6th or 7th dmen. Anyways, I still need more convincing on the team for next year, right now we're a 1st round exit team again until I see if we sign radulov + #2B dman not named Markov.

I still think our D is pretty weak, and we should be using cap min on 6th or 7th dmen. Anyways, I still need more convincing on the team for next year, right now we're a 1st round exit team again until I see if we sign radulov + #2B dman not named Markov.

don't disagree...but any analysis will be more relevant in 3 weeks or so

Back