• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Ryan Poehling Scouting Report

Patrice Bergeron became Patrice Bergeron under Julien's tutelage

No he didn't. Bergeron made the team as an 18 years old and had 73 points in his second season. His coach back then? Mike Sullivan.

Bergeron was already an established elite 2 way player by the time Julien took over. If anything, he was never able to replicate his previous offensive numbers under Julien. His overall game kept improving however so I'll give him that.

No he didn't. Bergeron made the team as an 18 years old and had 73 points in his second season. His coach back then? Mike Sullivan.

Bergeron was already an established elite 2 way player by the time Julien took over. If anything, he was never able to replicate his previous offensive numbers under Julien. His overall game kept improving however so I'll give him that.

Yep. Give me Bergeron over Julien any day.

McGuire says that Poehling is a good player who will become a full-time NHLer. He gave kudos to the Habs for drafting him, especially in what is considered to be a very weak draft. Any time you can get yourself an NHL caliber player in the mid-20's of a lousy draft you've done well.

McGuire says that Poehling is a good player who will become a full-time NHLer. He gave kudos to the Habs for drafting him, especially in what is considered to be a very weak draft. Any time you can get yourself an NHL caliber player in the mid-20's of a lousy draft you've done well.

I was ecstatic with the pick and the Finn in round 2 . High fiving my Leaf buddies as we watched the draft . His offence will come around , dont remember who mentioned it but he could see RP in the Hobey Baker mix next year .

Ikonen will also have a shot at the NHL as he will likely stay in Europe until he is NHL ready and not have anything to do with Habs AHL team

Ikonen will also have a shot at the NHL as he will likely stay in Europe until he is NHL ready and not have anything to do with Habs AHL team

This isn't related to our AHL system per se, but I've become a proponent of keeping European prospects in Europe longer instead of bringing them to North America prematurely. I'd much rather he stay 2-3 years in Europe before coming over.

Back