• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rule Changes

Hopefully everyone sees this and keeps it in mind. Unfortunately there's no way to set a 70 total game max. You have to set a max per position. So Fantrax will not prevent you from exceeding any limit besides the goalie limit. So we have to police ourselves.

For sure, Shane. I was just busting chops. I personally think that 6 games is enough. I found it hard sometimes to hit the 8GP limit and carrying a borderline starter with a huge cap hit depletes the rest of the roster so much that it impedes the ability to be competitive in other areas.

Mind you, I completely understand the hilarity of my statement, because those are the pros and cons that each manager needs to weigh when making roster decisions.

But, at 14 teams in our league, two goalie spots per night and 31 teams in the NHL, the 8GP max was always a bit aggressive in my eyes.

I feel the same as you, though. I'll adapt to whatever we decide.

I really think the only way to make this work where people aren't going over is 43 forward games, 21 Dman games and 6 goalie games max. Then we don't have to self police... the system does it for us.

I take it there's no setting for just 70 overall max GP? When do you want to implement this change?

Since there's exactly double the # of F spots compared to D, could also consider 44 - 22 - 6. Unless you think 72 would be too high.

We could go 44-22-6 starting this upcoming week if there are no objections.

We always hate in season changes, but with something like this that should save us a ton of grief it makes sense.

Just asking but why those numbers? Teams play 4 games a week often.

Last couple years we had people streaming players and getting up over 80 games played in a week.

Sure, some play 4 games in a week, but some play 2. 3 is pretty much the average.

Weren't we trying to get away from the F/D/G splits?

Again, I'll adjust either way but I'd rather stick with the 70 GP with a max of six goalie games.

I was hoping to not have to police everyone. This would allow us to not have to. Really... I'm not sure it's a benefit to anyone to have it at 70 with a max of 6G.

Like I said, if there are no objections... that seems like an objection.

Whatever we can program into fantrax is fine with me... just please don't leave it up to a manual GP count each week because that won't happen.

That's what I am worried about too. People just set their line up each day. Most don't take the time to make sure they're under a limit. Hell... many won't even read this thread to see that there's a limit.

Just noticed something when I was taking a look at roster violations... why are the max GP limits set to 50-24-6? Did that just carry over from last season?

Just noticed something when I was taking a look at roster violations... why are the max GP limits set to 50-24-6? Did that just carry over from last season?

It was set that way because we don't have max limits for D or F... it's a combined maximum so you need to have a capability to go high in one or the other.

This is why I'd really like to just set maximums at each position and not have to worry about it.

Back