• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rule Changes

Habspatrol

Administrator
Staff member
I've heard from multiple people that they are having issues with staying interested in this league. It seems that some of the rules are playing a big part in that. There's not a lot of movement that's for sure.

Lets have some ideas posted and lets discuss them here.

1. Salary Retention: We've discussed this a few times and I think it's time to do it. We just need to sort out the deets.
A. Salary can only be retained for the season that the trade was made.
B. A team can retain up to 30% of a player's cap hit.
C. A team can only retain salary on 4 players at any given time.
D. A team can only have 4 players on their team that have salary retained.

Scoring system

1. Should we consider going to a straight points league instead of H2H?

2. I'd like to tweak the scoring system and get it to where a 1 fppg player is kind of the marker for a good player. Much like the FI Dynasty League.

Yeah I think it's probably a good idea to try to change things up a bit and hopefully drum up a little more interest.

I talked to Snipes and can say we don't have interest in changing it to another straight points league.

Yeah I'm not necessarily interested in straight points either. I just want to figure out what people think would help generate more interest.

Any other ideas or thoughts on my ideas?

Scoring system

1. Should we consider going to a straight points league instead of H2H?
Nah. As much as I'd have two titles with this as a straight points league, I like that it's different from the "original".

2. I'd like to tweak the scoring system and get it to where a 1 fppg player is kind of the marker for a good player. Much like the FI Dynasty League.
Don't think it's really necessary, honestly, but as long as there is proper separation from average-good-great-elite I'm ok with it.

I've heard from multiple people that they are having issues with staying interested in this league. It seems that some of the rules are playing a big part in that. There's not a lot of movement that's for sure.

Lets have some ideas posted and lets discuss them here.

1. Salary Retention: We've discussed this a few times and I think it's time to do it. We just need to sort out the deets.
A. Salary can only be retained for the season that the trade was made.
B. A team can retain up to 30% of a player's cap hit.
C. A team can only retain salary on 4 players at any given time.
D. A team can only have 4 players on their team that have salary retained.

I don't really care whether we add this in, but I'm not against it. I don't think item D is necessary, explain why it's needed?

I just figure we maybe don't want teams going $60m over the cap. A couple players is one thing but...

I'd definitely be on board with cap retention. I also don't see any tragic flaws with the way it was originally laid out above.

I'm with Nova & Snipes, I'd really hate to change things to a points league. I love the H2H aspect.

One thing I will say is that I believe your previous idea on reducing the GP limit is a solid one. It puts way more importance on having elite players, whereas now it seems as though anyone with a ton of decent minors eligible guys have a shot to win.

If people have the assets to convince several owners to retain money then I see no issue.

Also I owe someone money for this league right?

One thing I will say is that I believe your previous idea on reducing the GP limit is a solid one. It puts way more importance on having elite players, whereas now it seems as though anyone with a ton of decent minors eligible guys have a shot to win.

Yeah I was reading over some of the old threads and was going to bring this up too.

I'm also in favour of going to the straight GP limit like in our other H2H dynasty instead of breaking it down by positions.

I'd definitely be on board with cap retention. I also don't see any tragic flaws with the way it was originally laid out above.

I'm with Nova & Snipes, I'd really hate to change things to a points league. I love the H2H aspect.

Yeah I was reading over some of the old threads and was going to bring this up too.

I'm also in favour of going to the straight GP limit like in our other H2H dynasty instead of breaking it down by positions.

Yes, good call. Lets add this to the list.

I'm not a fan of the streaming of players. We're not looking for who has the most time to micromanage, we're looking for the best team builder.

So far it seems like everyone is preferring the H2H... we'll listen to more opinions but I prefer to keep it this way too.

Yeah I think lowering the GP limit is very important. I know this is a losing battle but I hate the daily lineups. Combined with higher GP limits make it worse though. If you don't check in a couple weeks here and there you fall behind. Which has little to do with the quality of the team, and everything to do with not setting your lineup every day.

I wouldn't be opposed to weekly line-up changes... especially if we can make injury replacements.

I wonder if there's a way to do that, or even just set a limit of 2 changes per week.

Any thoughts on some possibilities?

I find that the weekly leagues seem to have a lower amount of long term interest. Guys go off the grid for huge periods at a time, making communication very difficult.

Now, having said that, really the lack of interest in this league stems from the same type of scenario. Owners were disappearing for huge portions of the season, as the cap limited creativity on the movement front. Perhaps by making trades easier with cap retention, then changing to a weekly league won't have a hugely adverse effect.

I prefer the daily format. But, with a GP reduction, you really aren't losing that much by going to a weekly league. You're going to set your best guys to play, for the most part. I do agree that we need to allow at least 3-4 changes per week, especially as goalies don't make starts and you fall below the GP limit unintentionally. And, of course, as Ray mentions above, for injury reasons.

I love the concept of the league, so I'm willing to try anything that helps to improve the overall activity of it.

I much prefer daily leagues, but I was just looking at the options and saw this:

Weekly (Daily Subs): Lineup periods are weekly for claims/drops and trades, and daily for lineup changes. The commissioner can perform any transaction for any team on any day.

Thoughts?

I much prefer daily leagues, but I was just looking at the options and saw this:

Weekly (Daily Subs): Lineup periods are weekly for claims/drops and trades, and daily for lineup changes. The commissioner can perform any transaction for any team on any day.

Thoughts?

Looks like the best of both worlds. Almost, dare I say it, a compromise?

Thoughts?
That sounds like a great idea in conjunction with setting a good total games played limit per week... and keeping the maximum 5 moves per week.

Nice.

Back