• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Free Agent Thread 2017

Might as well pick up Bonino, there are no #1s available and can't move Plekanec anyway. Next year will be the year to go after a # 1 when Plekanec is off the books.

No need for pointless high risk cases. These aren't draft picks, pro scouts more or less know these guys.

I'd much prefer a more defensively solid C (like Bonino) who won't crash and burn and could be moved if they need to free up a roster spot and cap space. Don't need another Semin on roster.

That said, we're stuck with 14, which complicates matters.

Because I want them to keep Galchenyuk.... I wonder if Gallagher could fetch a centre. There are more options on D through FA.

Perhaps a Gallagher/RNH swap. Then chase Del Zotto in FA.

I'm expecting the Leafs to sign kulikov

Leafs need to sign a RHD. I don't think Kulikov or Markov makes sense for them.

Shattenkirk goes to the Rangers.

I see the Leafs interested in Wideman, Stone and Franson. But all will be short term stop gap deals for them.

Galchenyuk could get pretty sheltered minutes with all Ozone starts if Bonino and Danault are your 2/3.

Need to get rid of Pleky.

No need for pointless high risk cases. These aren't draft picks, pro scouts more or less know these guys.

I'd much prefer a more defensively solid C (like Bonino) who won't crash and burn and could be moved if they need to free up a roster spot and cap space. Don't need another Semin on roster.

The problem is that Bonino will get closer to 6 mil/season rather than 4 mil/season....I would see a team paying him 5.5 for 5 years just based on the fact that the UfA market is weak

That kind of dough and term for a guy who gets 15-18 goals and 40 points wont be easy to trade down the road

We already have Shaw that is supposed to be our 'Bonino''

The problem is that Bonino will get closer to 6 mil/season rather than 4 mil/season....I would see a team paying him 5.5 for 5 years just based on the fact that the UfA market is weak

That kind of dough and term for a guy who gets 15-18 goals and 40 points wont be easy to trade down the road

6 mil WTF

Back