• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Four Qualifying Offers

Apparently he wanted guys from Q but couldnt make deal to move up. Someone asked who, I said if tbe player turns out good, Timmins will tell us in five years.

Apparently he wanted guys from Q but couldnt make deal to move up. Someone asked who, I said if tbe player turns out good, Timmins will tell us in five years.

I like his new excuse better...

why didn't "so and so" pick work out?

"The game has changed in the past 5 years"

Surprised we qualified Friberg.

He had already signed in Sweden.

So we qualify him and keep his rights. Its a contract offer he can't accept, and can be rescinded at the end of July without losing his rights. He won't even count against the 50 contract limit.

It probably leads to nothing... but its no risk. If he explodes in Sweden and wants to come back to the NHL before turning 27 we own his rights to trade him, or to sign him.

We did the same thing with Nygren, we've retained his rights all these years (lose them on July 1st this year).

Why, why the **** you go off the board in the third round, for a 19 year old forward with 36 points in 63 games.

WHY?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

The game has changed. Didn't you hear...back then sandpaper was more important than goals.

Back