• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Karl Alzner to five-year, $23.125 million deal

Unofficial: Habs sign Karl Alzner to five-year deal

Bergevin should do that. Markov is worth $5M all day long.

if Markov now seems desperate time to go for the jugular - a 1-yr deal at $5M w $3M-$4M in bonuses, pay that at signing for all I care. Freeing up another $3M in cap to play with is he most important aspect.

Re: Unofficial: Habs sign Karl Alzner to five-year deal

and about 90% of people in the remaining 10% are just dumb.

BC conspiracy theory...Price pushing for Weber...pushing for Alzner... Gallagher already on board. Russians pushed out.

BC conspiracy theory...Price pushing for Weber...pushing for Alzner... Gallagher already on board. Russians pushed out.
Then I really want one more BC Boy as icing on the cake......Shea Theodore!

That'll never happen. He's a building block for Vegas.

4.5 isn't bad,

A little high, but not horrid.

Unofficial: Habs sign Karl Alzner to five-year deal

I'm curious what McGuire will say now, he's been adamant all week there's "zero chance" & "I'd be shocked" if Alzner signs with Habs....[emoji102]

Alzner at $4.5M is fine, but it's like the Drouin trade all over again: I don't get the fit.

This isn't a team that needs stay at home defensive d-men, we need puck movers. Our best puck moving d-man is who, Petry?

We have the best goalie in the world and a coach who actually knows how to teach defense... Defensive play was not something that needed a lot of money spent. Price can bail out bad defensive play, but he'll have a tough time bailing out a team that can't create any offense yet again.

Alzner at $4.5M is fine, but it's like the Drouin trade all over again: I don't get the fit.

This isn't a team that needs stay at home defensive d-men, we need puck movers. Our best puck moving d-man is who, Petry?

We have the best goalie in the world and a coach who actually knows how to teach defense... Defensive play was not something that needed a lot of money spent. Price can bail out bad defensive play, but he'll have a tough time bailing out a team that can't create any offense yet again.

You think Drouin is a bad fit?

You think Drouin is a bad fit?

Good player, just doesn't fit here.

A team among the best in the NHL in terms of wingers on the roster traded their best asset to get... another winger? Why?

This team has two gapping holes: Top-6 centers and top-4 LHD. We traded our best asset to reinforce one of the positions of strength and you created a new hole; we now have nothing on LHD and we still have no top-6 center.

Sergachev should have been traded for a center or not traded at all.

Agreed...I've been saying this for years...

We need more offensive-minded players... we have a 9 mil goalie...and Jacques Lemaire as coaches.

Bergevin wants this team to play his style, like when he was a player.

Signing a stay at home dmen is dumb...you should be able to develo these guys and play them for cheap. I'm sure Alzner is a good dmen, and he will be useful in Lemaire's system....but this is stupid money due to Bergy and Sly ****ing up our prospects pool

Drouin is a potential franchise forward, I don't care what position he plays. He's a great addition, especially for a player who's never actually played an NHL game (I'm not suggesting that Sergachev will not be a fine player but the trade was a no-brainer from our end).

Drouin is a potential franchise forward, I don't care what position he plays. He's a great addition, especially for a player who's never actually played an NHL game (I'm not suggesting that Sergachev will not be a fine player but the trade was a no-brainer from our end).

Yep...no issues with Drouin...he has P Kane talent. I'd do that trade any day for an unproven dmen

Back