• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Karl Alzner to five-year, $23.125 million deal

Re: Unofficial: Habs sign Karl Alzner to five-year deal

5 x $4.5 is a bit high, I don't love it... but I don't hate it.

Drouin is a potential franchise forward, I don't care what position he plays. He's a great addition, especially for a player who's never actually played an NHL game (I'm not suggesting that Sergachev will not be a fine player but the trade was a no-brainer from our end).

Twenty-two year old "potential franchise forwards" don't get passed up on their teams' depth charts from younger players who aren't franchise forwards. One of the reasons Tampa traded Drouin was due to Brayden Point passing him on the depth chart.

Please ......we need a puck mover FFS not another glorified Benn .

Nice player , great fit with PK if we retained PK .
Juliens system isn't dependent on "puck moving via rush Dman" a la Preds. Who did Bruins have during their good years that was puck moving? Krug? Julien likes reliable smart in zone Dman, with first pass capability.

Whether that's the right approach or not is another matter....the GM is giving his coach what he needs to work his system.

Agreed...I've been saying this for years...

We need more offensive-minded players... we have a 9 mil goalie...and Jacques Lemaire as coaches.

Bergevin wants this team to play his style, like when he was a player.

Signing a stay at home dmen is dumb...you should be able to develo these guys and play them for cheap. I'm sure Alzner is a good dmen, and he will be useful in Lemaire's system....but this is stupid money due to Bergy and Sly ****ing up our prospects pool

That young puck mover dude is in TB right now

Juliens system isn't dependent on "puck moving via rush Dman" a la Preds. Who did Bruins have during their good years that was puck moving? Krug? Julien likes reliable smart in zone Dman, with first pass capability.

Whether that's the right approach or not is another matter....the GM is giving his coach what he needs to work his system.

Which is fine, until you come to the next part of your analysis: Who's our Patrice Bergeron? Who's our Marc Savard? Who's our Milan Lucic? Who's our David Krejci?

Twenty-two year old "potential franchise forwards" don't get passed up on their teams' depth charts from younger players who aren't franchise forwards. One of the reasons Tampa traded Drouin was due to Brayden Point passing him on the depth chart.

bang on , great point

Which is fine, until you come to the next part of your analysis: Who's our Patrice Bergeron? Who's our Marc Savard? Who's our Milan Lucic? Who's our David Krejci?

but but but we have Max

Unofficial: Habs sign Karl Alzner to five-year deal

Bonino & Duchene / RNH

Bruins also never had a Max or Drouin on the wings

IBM will never sacrifice its stock price thus compromising shareholders to transform into Google. Habs will not either

thats why we will never be the Google`s of the sports world , content to be the boring HP

Usually you're pretty smart but you're not being so about Drouin. He's not Kane but he's just a notch below.

My point isn't that hard to understand. The trade, at face value, is a very good one and I think we won the trade. And the contract we gave him is excellent too.

However, we reinforced an area of strength when we desperately had to reinforce an area of weakness. And by doing the trade, we've created another major hole in the lineup.

There's a reason he got passed up on the depth chart in Tampa and there's a reason they sent him to the minors two seasons ago. Maybe he gets his shit together a little here, but he isn't a mini-Patrick Kane. He's very talented, but he's also a flawed player. But he's 22 years old and he got passed on the depth chart by a 21 year old rookie in Brayden Point. A very good, blue-chip prospect in his own rights, but he'll never be confused for a franchise center. But Drouin's going to be the "potential" franchise player? Come on.

My point is this: While Drouin is a good player, some people here are salivating over him like pre-teenage girls do over One Direction. Acquiring Drouin was not worth the hole that was created on the left side D and our lack of a #1 or #2 center still remains. And now we have nothing - literally nothing - in terms of assets to acquire a player to fill those holes.

Dreger says 5 years just over 23 million.

Give me a break.

Who the hell trades franchise 22 year olds unless you are trying to bang the owners grand daughters for a 19 year unproven player ?

Maybe we can pry away Laine in a few years for Poehling

Back