• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carey Price extended - 8 year/ $84M - $10.5M AAV

I guess is safe to say Habs probably won't win cup until Habsy is alive at least 😁 j/k
Who is the oldest member here btw?
Habsy, Lou or Le goalie??

Last edited:
I will enjoy watching them lose --- they all deserve each other.

MB, Moslon, Sly, Dudley, Price, Weber, Markov & Radu (wherever they go)

When Crosby signed for $8.7M everyone thought how is it possible, now 10-yrs later it's a bargain. NHL revenues will increase with LV, I expect the cap ceiling to be over $85M by 3-seasons max. I don't see Max getting $8M which would mean he'll be dealt for ELC type contracts, and I also expect Petry dealt in 2-3 years. The cap needs to be a dynamically analyzed situation not static...

Vegas isn't going to bump the NHL coffers that much unless you include prostitution and gambling revenues .

NHLPA has to max out the escalation clause and live with escrow to get the cap up .

Last edited:
When Crosby signed for $8.7M everyone thought how is it possible, now 10-yrs later it's a bargain. NHL revenues will increase with LV, I expect the cap ceiling to be over $85M by 3-seasons max. I don't see Max getting $8M which would mean he'll be dealt for ELC type contracts, and I also expect Petry dealt in 2-3 years. The cap needs to be a dynamically analyzed situation not static...
Doesn't matter what cap hit will be. It is really stupid contract.
As i said before 20 million spent on goalie and defender who are over 30.
Habs need to find a way to trade Weber before is too late. That means the return won't be much maybe. Meaning we probably lost Subban for nothing??!??

So Price's contract ends when he's 39 ? And he's got a no trade clause ?

How can Habs management/ownership do this ?

Roy, Brodeur, Hasek....who played like a 10.5 M goalie at that age ? None.....

WTF Molson...WTF....

WTF Molson...WTF....

You honestly care about 9 years from now?

That's a stupid argument.

WTF Molson...WTF....
Does he really have NTC? Are you kidding me?!??!

Does he really have NTC? Are you kidding me?!??!

His contract is lockout proof and is unmovable . It's like Stamkos most of it is in bonus money .

You aren't saving shit on the cap if you even attempt a buyout .

All we can hope for is at some point if he is useless we need a medical excuse like Puckitus a fear of black rubber round objects and get him on LTIR and get him off our cap.

I care about years 1 to 9....when our goalie will be taking 1/7 of our cap....

He won't be taking 1/7of the cap by the end of his deal, and the habs will probably be through a rebuild by then.

In a way, I feel bad for price.in 2 or 3 years I expect the teardown to start and he might need to be here for the whole ride.

He won't be taking 1/7of the cap by the end of his deal, and the habs will probably be through a rebuild by then.

In a way, I feel bad for price.in 2 or 3 years I expect the teardown to start and he might need to be here for the whole ride.

omg. u feel bad for Carey? It's a choice he made.

I fell a little bad for Carey.

I feel worst for you, having your worst nightmare come true.

Who ? Chiggins ?

Nahhh man....he's like a zen master around here. Keeps us all cool as a cucumber.....or in Habsy's case, cool as a 45-Colt

Back