• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carey Price extended - 8 year/ $84M - $10.5M AAV

Was hoping it would be more like 8x9.5. Potentially killer contract, but hopefully he can prove us wrong.

it's only 8 years...what can go wrong?

Put Price in a bubble suit right now!!!! So they can't overpay for offence now, they have to bite the bullet and put Galchenyuk back at center full now, defensive deficiencies be damned.

We can hope that Vegas will be a smash hit and add a bunch of revenues to the league and the cap will go through the roof and $10.5m will be chump change in a couple years.

Re: Carey Price extended.

Holy shit. He's never won crap. That's insane.

With the first pick in the 2021 draft the Montreal Canadiens select ........

Our best player but FCUK thats insane term and moola

Was expecting 45/5 numbers ........

We can hope that Vegas will be a smash hit and add a bunch of revenues to the league and the cap will go through the roof and $10.5m will be chump change in a couple years.

A stronger Canadian dollar will increase league revenues. That is what we need to buffer having the highest paid goalie the the league.

John Lu
#Habs Bergevin says Alzner asked in negotiations if Price would be staying long term. In some ways Price is a recruiting tool.

A stronger Canadian dollar will increase league revenues. That is what we need to buffer having the highest paid goalie the the league.

who knows where the loonie is headed? Trump weakens the greenback but crude oil hurts the loonie

Quebec should be around sometime soon as well.

But holy cow. I knew the best goalie in the world title he's been dragging around would pay big, didn't think that big.

Re: Carey Price extended.

With the first pick in the 2021 draft the Montreal Canadiens select ........

Our best player but FCUK thats insane term and moola

Was expecting 45/5 numbers ........

That would actually be the ideal scenario, but it's never going to happen.

Price is going to make sure this team remains mediocre enough to be on the cusp of making the playoffs for the next decade, nothing more.

It would be one thing if this organization was loaded with prospects that could give cheap labor on their ELCs, but alas, with the worst prospect pool in hockey, that doesn't seem likely...

No way he was getting less than Subban so nine was the baseline. He also knew what we were like last season when he was hurt. He had Sisyphus by the balls.

John Lu
#Habs Bergevin says Alzner asked in negotiations if Price would be staying long term. In some ways Price is a recruiting tool.

Sucks he can't recruit someone who can score goals so he doesn't have to get a shutout to win games like 80% of the time.

His recruitment record over the past 10 years has won us shit

Except Bergevin didn't say that though. The reporter asked if Price was a recruiting tool...Bergevin answered "I don't know if he helps, but he doesn't hurt"

Quebec should be around sometime soon as well.

But holy cow. I knew the best goalie in the world title he's been dragging around would pay big, didn't think that big.

Why is this a surprise?

Price had this organization by the balls in every way. There's no hot prospect coming up, there's no young offensive talent on a cheap contract on the team, the core is old, and they saw what happened when Price went down with an injury for long periods of time.

They had no choice but to pay him.

This is not me being 20/20 hindsight: I wanted him traded a full season ago. But here we are...-

who knows where the loonie is headed? Trump weakens the greenback but crude oil hurts the loonie

I agree, just saying we now depend on it going up. If it doesn't will be tough to spend on offense. Perhaps increasing interest rates will bring it up, who knows.

Back