• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carey Price extended - 8 year/ $84M - $10.5M AAV

Re: Carey Price extended.

He's won absolutely everything except a cup. Everything.

Playoffs are the only thing that matters in hockey my friend....Playoffs....

He's been outplayed by the likes of Biron, Lundquist, Anderson, to name a few...

Not with this current roster, it doesn't.

It guarantees you that they'll compete to make it, but aren't guaranteed. As it currently stands, I don't think the Habs will make it in.

If he Habs maintain Galchenyuk and Radulov they will have by fair their best offensive team they had in decades. Price can mask the defensive issues. He can't score goals.

Molson cares about making the playoffs, and selling beer......the rest is gravy

Price guarantees you make the playoffs
As I posted yesterday IBMs primary goal is to ensure double digit growth to its deep shareholder pool, not take risks like Google. For the success for every Google there are hundreds of thousands of Enrons...

Price will address the media at 4pm ET to discuss his new contract. First question will go to Rolex.

So he's won nothing of importance.

Put a team in front of him that can say, score some goals and it's a different story. All the "average" goalies with Cups the last few seasons play in front of teams that can score 3+ goals a game. We're lucky to score 1 most nights lol...

Playoffs are the only thing that matters in hockey my friend....Playoffs....

He's been outplayed by the likes of Biron, Lundquist, Anderson, to name a few...

And he's outplayed a number of goalies too. Not gonna list those?

Put a team in front of him that can say, score some goals and it's a different story. All the "average" goalies with Cups the last few seasons play in front of teams that can score 3+ goals a game. We're lucky to score 1 most nights lol...
Which is why you spend the $10m on offense.

I love this deal. #1 Franchise Goalie. He's basically the only reason we've made it to the playoffs several times. Allows us to hide all our other deficiencies, like over spending on #5 dmen or not having a real #1 center. He's probably making about 1M too much a year, but percentage wise, that's nothing compared to some other overpaid players on our team.

Ever since #31 stopped partying at Globe and powder skiing in the summer, he's become the only exciting thing this team has.

Price is our McDavid.....Molson was gonna pay him

Too bad this team with it's simple-minded GM's can't build properly......either hiring ex-Habs, or French speaking candidates

He's won absolutely everything except a cup. Everything.
Yup- pedigree.

Harvard grads are rarely grilled at interviews for jobs the way "others" are, is that right or fair...no not really, but alumni has its privileges based on reputation of the school based on entrance requirements & the capability of average grads over the past 381 years.

Corey Crawford & other goalies may have won more Cups, but Team Canada will always choose Price as their starter unless his performance drops off the cliff.....pedigree matters.

Great, another 8 years of bugging my friend from St Leonard who hates Price, followed by him bugging me about Crosby (who I hate), then me bugging him about Tom Brady (who he also hates).

except Price is 10 years older than Connor.

Deal had to be done but Price being 30 and Weber being 32 is a little concerning.

Blah blah blah. Super shitty asset management. Bergevin is ****ing awful. The idiot Molsons are worse.

Back