• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carey Price extended - 8 year/ $84M - $10.5M AAV

Re: Carey Price extended.

Holy shit. He's never won crap. That's insane.

Will retire a Hab. Contract is untradeable even if a new regime takes over and doesn't have a "goalie first" philosophy.

Sooooo stupid on soooo many levels....

10.5 M.....hahaha

This team will never learn will it.....STOP building everything on goalies....

I'm speechless....

Love it. You can't pay a goaltender that kind of cash and expect to be an elite team. Well done MB!

Stupid stupid contract. He's not won shit and hasn't really stolen a series for us. At that rate I'd rather him moved for a #1C.

70 of the 84M is reportedly bonus money

That's absolutely nuts. He obviously said pay me now or I don't sign. He gets the bulk of the contract upfront so where's the incentive to play at the top of your game? I really hate this ownership/management team. Disgusting.

I will repeat what I said a few years ago: we should have traded him after his Hart season....

Yeah I know, it takes balls to do that.....a good GM would have flipped Price for that franchise center

Habs go in the opposite direction to what Anahiem, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Edmonton have done, in terms of who takes up the top 2 spots under the cap. The other teams mentioned went with 2 forwards, the Habs are going goalie/defenceman(Weber). They have 8 years to try and make it work.

Habs go in the opposite direction to what Anahiem, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Edmonton have done, in terms of who takes up the top 2 spots under the cap. The other teams mentioned went with 2 forwards, the Habs are going goalie/defenceman(Weber). They have 8 years to try and make it work.

It's too late. They had 2 years, this past season & the upcoming one. And between you & me, this team as it's currently built will not make the playoffs.

This team will be stuck in mediocrity for another decade and there is absolutely nothing that would tell me otherwise right now.

Sadly, the most exciting playoff run in recent Habs history was with Halak.

Molson cares about making the playoffs, and selling beer......the rest is gravy

Price guarantees you make the playoffs

Molson cares about making the playoffs, and selling beer......the rest is gravy

Price guarantees you make the playoffs

Not with this current roster, it doesn't.

It guarantees you that they'll compete to make it, but aren't guaranteed. As it currently stands, I don't think the Habs will make it in.

Back