• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs sign Patrick Marleau, 3 yrs, $6.25M AAV, NMC

Thank you, yes it did deserve its own thread.

I like it. I preferred two years which I think everyone did. However, the third year was the price to get him out of California. So be it.

I have always been a big fan of his and he will add so much experience to our young Leafs.

You would have to think that JVR will be gone soon, however, if they hang on to him our lineup is stacked.

it's an overpay but this brings real size and grit with legit top6 skill, which is exactly what we needed.

he might make a great winger for nylander at C.

The third year is kind of scary, but in the moment, I love the signing. This is a pretty good sign that they're going for it. A 1st/2nd line forward added for nothing but cash.

61813560.jpg

Yep...makes it way easier to trade if it comes to that.

Solid pickup and good weekend for Lou , none of the deals affect the signing of your kids in the next few years . JVR will gone for picks or kids on the cheap.

Your team will surpass my Habs next year .

Solid pickup and good weekend for Lou , none of the deals affect the signing of your kids in the next few years . JVR will gone for picks or kids on the cheap.

I think you'll see something close to what Zeke was theorizing. JVR + Bozak for the mysterious "XXXXX" that so many have in their lineups as the 2nd pairing RHD. I also generally agree with Zeke that EJ would be a nice fit there, and I could see the Avs eating a chunk of his contract to get a return like that (both JVR and Bozie can net really solid returns at the deadline)

Your team will surpass my Habs next year .

Depends on which Carey Price shows up imo. .930 Carey Price drags your group kicking and screaming to another 105+ point season. I can see my Leafs in that range, but I'd be surprised if they were significantly better.

Nice! Didn't think we'd get him, but he will be fun to watch. Sure a little overpriced but welcome to free agency.

A bit long but great acquisition.

Big news here is Leafs management is pushing for the Cup with the young ones growing up.

Bye-bye, Jaaaay, V, R
Drove my chevy to the levy ...

The great $10.5 million equalizer? Or anchor?

Depends on which guy you get. The elite vezina calibre one, or the probably playing hurt guy you got this year.

If he's .930 Carey and he ages like Henrik, then it's not an anchor, but it's not good either. If he has another knee injury or declines relatively young because of them....

s-l225.jpg

But you guys started an accelerated clock when you traded Subban for Weber, so in for a penny....

I do find it odd that the Thorton contact hasn't been confirmed.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Dude!!! Awesome! I won't stress the third year right now since the guy is busy scoring 27 at age 36.

One of my long time favorites!

I'd love for us to keep JVR for the season now. Just ****ing go for it!

Back