• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017-18 Hockey Trade Thread

I feel like I've said this a number of times but...boy, it'd be nice to know names like the ones that have appeared in the last couple of trades were available.

I think when you're comfortable dealing with someone and can get a deal done that you're happy with you end up dealing with them. Probably not the best for squeezing every last drop of value, but less painful for sure. I generally do the same thing, but that's also due to some managers not returning PMs or providing feedback to inquires. I'll admit I've pretty much written off certain managers because of this.

Oh for sure... there are a bunch of guys that either don't respond at all, or just reject. These guys I am reluctant to even send offers to anymore. Guys that answer (at least somewhat politely) with some feedback are the guys I end up dealing with.

I've seen some pretty bad opening offers that turned into really good negotiations and a fair final deal. Just because I make you an offer that you think is terrible doesn't mean that it's my best offer... and sometimes it could be that I think that a player I'm offering is a lot better than you think he is. We maybe swap that guy out for someone you rate higher and now we're both happy.

There is zero value in being dismissive of an offer. Unless you know it's an intentionally bad offer (you know who you are.)

Tully Trades:

Denis Gurianov
Johnny Boychuk
Victor Rask
2019 1st (Bull)
2019 1st (TJF)

Bull Trades:

Torey Krug
Derek Stepan

Couple of small trades made over the past few days:

Deckie trades:

Connor Brown
Petr Mrazec

To Bull for:

Patrick Hornqvist

--

Deckie trades:

Jared McCann

To Fergy for:

Dustin Brown

Couple late night trades:

Deckie trades:

Rielly Smith to Tully

for Torey Krug

and

Deckie trades:

2018 3rd (HP)
Chicago prospect with ridiculous last name to MNIJ

for Joel Edmunson

Last edited:
Deckie trades:

Kevin Fiala
Julius Honka to Bull

for

Justin Faulk
HP 2019 3rd

Last edited:
Deckie trades:

tumblr_nyrhtrDQfq1retk6lo1_500.gif

Patric Hornqvist

cut.jpg

Adam Ruzicka

to Tully for

kadrideke.gif

Nazem Kadri

aj_greer_draft_pic.jpg

AJ Greer

Last edited:
Forgot to post this one last week.

*** Trade Announcement ***

The Axlsalingers Trade:

Justin Schultz
WtQwg39.jpg

Silence! Eichel You! Trades:

Juuso Valimaki
mnwFBKS.jpg

Adam Brooks
6nX3pth.jpg

2020 1st Round Pick (Silence! Eichel You!)
qKZSqMb.jpg

HP trades:
Alexi Heponiemi
fl-sp-panthers-draft-day2-20170624

Tyler Steenbergen
steenbergen_tyler_1280.jpg

Jaret Anderson-Dolan
GettyImages-637881720.jpg

Andrew Mangiapane
cut.jpg

Matrim Trades:
Claude Giroux