• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Ales Hemsky to one-year, $1 million deal

Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

The question mark is will it be Drouin or AG that will be tried at center.

They don't have a choice. Galchenyuk's a natural center, albeit with liabilities. Drouin's not a center.

Venting and being disappointed is perfectly fine, I'm just as disappointed as the next guy... but I can do without the total meltdowns.

b-o-r-i-n-g

They don't have a choice. Galchenyuk's a natural center, albeit with liabilities. Drouin's not a center.

Julien has been talking like he might be. Seems like a strange thing to discuss if there's nothing behind that.

I don't deny they'll try him at center. Remember in 2009 when this team debated using Sergei Kostitsyn at center?

I don't deny they'll try him at center. Remember in 2009 when this team debated using Sergei Kostitsyn at center?

should have kept Grabo

GGpX is happy.

But trading our only good prospect to replace radulov is bad. Need Markov now... Or did he sign elsewhere?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't see it that way.

Drouin was an addition on its own.

It's not even close to compare Drouin and radulov

we're talking about a 30 year old veteran who's likely not gonna do more than what he did last year vs a 22 year old 3rd overall pick with an extremely high ceiling who as of last year put up the same numbers as Radulov.

In two years Radulov will still be around 15 goals and 45 -50 points while Drouin will potentially be a 75-80 point guy

I don't see how Hemsky is a better gamble than Yakupov or Grigorenko. I mean if you're taking a stab in the dark anyway, may as well be with a 22/23 year old.

PS It really sucks to lose Radulov. I know it wasn't a one or the other thing but it sure takes the wind out of my sails on the Douin acquisition.

I don't see how Hemsky is a better gamble than Yakupov or Grigorenko. I mean if you're taking a stab in the dark anyway, may as well be with a 22/23 year old.

PS It really sucks to lose Radulov. I know it wasn't a one or the other thing but it sure takes the wind out of my sails on the Douin acquisition.

I think Hemsky is useful as a 3rd liner. The other guys are more top 6 or bust types. In any case, Radu leaving ensures MB is not done taking stabs in the dark, so you may get your wish.

I don't see it that way.

Drouin was an addition on its own.

It's not even close to compare Drouin and radulov

we're talking about a 30 year old veteran who's likely not gonna do more than what he did last year vs a 22 year old 3rd overall pick with an extremely high ceiling who as of last year put up the same numbers as Radulov.

In two years Radulov will still be around 15 goals and 45 -50 points while Drouin will potentially be a 75-80 point guy
For the win now mode it matters. So far we are a worse team than last year and lost our best prospect. Bring Markov back and we are slightly improved. Bring Markov and radulov back and we were greatly improved.

For the win in the future it is serg vs drouin. Not sure that is going to be a clear win.

For the win now mode it matters. So far we are a worse team than last year and lost our best prospect. Bring Markov back and we are slightly improved. Bring Markov and radulov back and we were greatly improved.

For the win in the future it is serg vs drouin. Not sure that is going to be a clear win.

Hudon needs to win the Calder now.

I'm happy that Radulov is gone, but not for reasons you might think (term + money for 30+ year olds = bad).

They have no choice but to play Galchenyuk as the #1 center. That, in of itself, makes me happy.

Hemsky a decade ago would be awesome. Today, though, umm...

Yeah I used to be a big fan of his but that was a long time ago. Now I'll be expecting Fleishmann type performance.

Venting and being disappointed is perfectly fine, I'm just as disappointed as the next guy... but I can do without the total meltdowns.

Listen I'm not a pessimist, I'm an optometrist but you gotta keep an eye on that MB, he's ****ing up this team :smilewinkgrin:

Well last year half the team had off seasons. Rads is officially replaced by a 22 year old who is at least as good if not better. Sign Markov and we should easily at least make the playoffs again. Maybe lol

Grigorenko signed a 3-year deal in the KHL w CSK Moscow

Back