• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Ales Hemsky to one-year, $1 million deal

Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr @ $1M deal...just announced on TSN690

Radulov gonzo? IMO no...MBs up to something with either Max or Gallagher

I friggin beat Super Nova to the punch! :party:

Would agree with Radu`s departure . Every player earns the right to be a whore on July 1 and teams have every right to draw the line on a salary and term on July 1

I understand why they wouldn't give Radulov five years, but still ****

I really hate Bergevin and Molson. It makes cheering for the team hard.

Getting Drouin was nice and gave some hope that things would look up, but yeah, I'm not really crazy excited about the next year. The only thing that makes me slightly more interested in next year is that I think it's going to be much worse a few years down the road, so hopefully guys will be able to give it one last chance and step up.

How do these state taxes savings work in the States ? If you make 5 mil US for example but live in Texas or New York . Are there creative financial engineered ways of softening the blow tax wise.

Getting Drouin was nice and gave some hope that things would look up, but yeah, I'm not really crazy excited about the next year. The only thing that makes me slightly more interested in next year is that I think it's going to be much worse a few years down the road, so hopefully guys will be able to give it one last chance and step up.

Really? With Galchenyuk and Drouin in the fold long-term I would argue that we're better situated for the future.

How do these state taxes savings work in the States ? If you make 5 mil US for example but live in Texas or New York . Are there creative financial engineered ways of softening the blow tax wise.
No. Salaries tend to be higher in states with State income tax to compensate.

MB's digging his own grave in this city.

He had a chance to redeem himself this summer after trading away a very popular player last summer.

Bringing in Drouin was great but he could have hit a homerun by keeping radulov on top of that

He doesnt give a shit , he is locked up for 4 more years and he isnt getting another gig as a GM . He is playing the safe route with 31 to ensure some financial and team success .

Make as many friends as you can and when you get pooped you have a home to leach onto in a different role .

Cant blame him for not going 5 years to the Russian bee atch.

I understand why they wouldn't give Radulov five years, but still ****
I think this sums up my thoughts right now as well.

And this board is about to be taken completely over by the dumb dumb brigade, so there's another **** to add to the pile.

Bergevin has completely ****ed up the entire organization. The reactions are no different than the Houle era.

I am completely floored at just how incompetent Bergevin is. For a brief moment, after the Drouin trade, I thought we were in win now mode and the Habs would be making a big push. Free agency really showed that he's running without a clue. Alzner was a so-so signing but frankly way too long in term for basically a small improvement on Emelin. Morrow? Seriously. Hemsky? Another dud. Drastically overpaying to expend Price to a deal that will come back and bite us on the ass. And then losing Radulov, the one ****ing player on our shitty team who made the rest of the stiffs around him better going to Dallas. Our team looks worse on paper than last year. Amazing how a GM can have such little vision and poor cap management skills and still retain his job. Disgusting.

Really? With Galchenyuk and Drouin in the fold long-term I would argue that we're better situated for the future.

I just imagine 3-4 years down the road, when we still have 18M tied into a likely still useful but past their prime Price and Weber. Our prospect pool is basically nothing. We'll also either have to shell out a lot of money for Pacs, or let him walk, since I really don't see us being able to justify trading him unless if we really fail next year.

Yes, AG + Drouin might be enough to save us. If we're lucky, they're our Toews-Kane, Benn-Seguin combo that gives us a chance. And I don't expect Price or Weber to fall off anytime soon. But I just think that at some point down the road our lack of prospects, and the few big contracts that we have, are just going to come back to bite us.

I think this sums up my thoughts right now as well.

And this board is about to be taken completely over by the dumb dumb brigade, so there's another **** to add to the pile.

Nothing wrong with venting and being disappointed.

I'm sure most reactions are more emotional than anything...when I saw the headline that he signed in Dallas I was pissed, it **** and sucks to lose talent when we have so much trouble finding it

GGpX is happy.

But trading our only good prospect to replace radulov is bad. Need Markov now... Or did he sign elsewhere?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

GGpX is happy.

But trading our only good prospect to replace radulov is bad. Need Markov now... Or did he sign elsewhere?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I'm happy that Radulov is gone, but not for reasons you might think (term + money for 30+ year olds = bad).

They have no choice but to play Galchenyuk as the #1 center. That, in of itself, makes me happy.

Hemsky a decade ago would be awesome. Today, though, umm...

I'm happy that Radulov is gone, but not for reasons you might think (term + money for 30+ year olds = bad).

They have no choice but to play Galchenyuk as the #1 center. That, in of itself, makes me happy.

The question mark is will it be Drouin or AG that will be tried at center.

I know you reasons. Just sucks for next season.

I'm not convinced chuck won't be traded for junk

Nothing wrong with venting and being disappointed.

I'm sure most reactions are more emotional than anything...when I saw the headline that he signed in Dallas I was pissed, it **** and sucks to lose talent when we have so much trouble finding it
Venting and being disappointed is perfectly fine, I'm just as disappointed as the next guy... but I can do without the total meltdowns.

I know you reasons. Just sucks for next season.

I'm not convinced chuck won't be traded for junk

Before free agency, I was convinced he was gone. Now, I don't see how they can trade him.

Back