Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 122

Thread: Habs sign Ales Hemsky to one-year, $1 million deal

  1. #21
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr @ $1M deal...just announced on TSN690

    Radulov gonzo? IMO no...MBs up to something with either Max or Gallagher


    I friggin beat Super Nova to the punch!
    Would agree with Radu`s departure . Every player earns the right to be a whore on July 1 and teams have every right to draw the line on a salary and term on July 1

  2. #22
    Legend BKerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    38,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    ****

    I understand why they wouldn't give Radulov five years, but still ****

  3. #23
    Legend UWHabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    I really hate Bergevin and Molson. It makes cheering for the team hard.
    Getting Drouin was nice and gave some hope that things would look up, but yeah, I'm not really crazy excited about the next year. The only thing that makes me slightly more interested in next year is that I think it's going to be much worse a few years down the road, so hopefully guys will be able to give it one last chance and step up.

  4. #24
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    How do these state taxes savings work in the States ? If you make 5 mil US for example but live in Texas or New York . Are there creative financial engineered ways of softening the blow tax wise.

  5. #25
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19,552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by UWHabs View Post
    Getting Drouin was nice and gave some hope that things would look up, but yeah, I'm not really crazy excited about the next year. The only thing that makes me slightly more interested in next year is that I think it's going to be much worse a few years down the road, so hopefully guys will be able to give it one last chance and step up.
    Really? With Galchenyuk and Drouin in the fold long-term I would argue that we're better situated for the future.

  6. #26
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    141,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by GEEMAN View Post
    How do these state taxes savings work in the States ? If you make 5 mil US for example but live in Texas or New York . Are there creative financial engineered ways of softening the blow tax wise.
    No. Salaries tend to be higher in states with State income tax to compensate.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  7. #27
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,160
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    MB's digging his own grave in this city.

    He had a chance to redeem himself this summer after trading away a very popular player last summer.

    Bringing in Drouin was great but he could have hit a homerun by keeping radulov on top of that
    He doesnt give a shit , he is locked up for 4 more years and he isnt getting another gig as a GM . He is playing the safe route with 31 to ensure some financial and team success .

    Make as many friends as you can and when you get pooped you have a home to leach onto in a different role .

    Cant blame him for not going 5 years to the Russian bee atch.

  8. #28
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    118,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    ****

    I understand why they wouldn't give Radulov five years, but still ****
    I think this sums up my thoughts right now as well.

    And this board is about to be taken completely over by the dumb dumb brigade, so there's another **** to add to the pile.

  9. #29
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    141,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Bergevin has completely ****ed up the entire organization. The reactions are no different than the Houle era.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  10. #30
    Legend HabsFan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Fort McMurray, Canada
    Posts
    9,627
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    ****

    I understand why they wouldn't give Radulov five years, but still ****
    I agree.

    What's next! Lol

  11. #31
    Hall of Famer Habshockeygods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hell. Yes, you heard me. Boston is now the northernmost zipcode of Hell.....
    Posts
    5,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    I am completely floored at just how incompetent Bergevin is. For a brief moment, after the Drouin trade, I thought we were in win now mode and the Habs would be making a big push. Free agency really showed that he's running without a clue. Alzner was a so-so signing but frankly way too long in term for basically a small improvement on Emelin. Morrow? Seriously. Hemsky? Another dud. Drastically overpaying to expend Price to a deal that will come back and bite us on the ass. And then losing Radulov, the one ****ing player on our shitty team who made the rest of the stiffs around him better going to Dallas. Our team looks worse on paper than last year. Amazing how a GM can have such little vision and poor cap management skills and still retain his job. Disgusting.

  12. #32
    Legend UWHabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    15,618
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainBolduke View Post
    Really? With Galchenyuk and Drouin in the fold long-term I would argue that we're better situated for the future.
    I just imagine 3-4 years down the road, when we still have 18M tied into a likely still useful but past their prime Price and Weber. Our prospect pool is basically nothing. We'll also either have to shell out a lot of money for Pacs, or let him walk, since I really don't see us being able to justify trading him unless if we really fail next year.

    Yes, AG + Drouin might be enough to save us. If we're lucky, they're our Toews-Kane, Benn-Seguin combo that gives us a chance. And I don't expect Price or Weber to fall off anytime soon. But I just think that at some point down the road our lack of prospects, and the few big contracts that we have, are just going to come back to bite us.

  13. #33
    Legend BKerr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    38,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal


  14. #34
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    50,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by hairnova View Post
    I think this sums up my thoughts right now as well.

    And this board is about to be taken completely over by the dumb dumb brigade, so there's another **** to add to the pile.
    Nothing wrong with venting and being disappointed.

    I'm sure most reactions are more emotional than anything...when I saw the headline that he signed in Dallas I was pissed, it **** and sucks to lose talent when we have so much trouble finding it
    Go Habs Go!

  15. #35
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    65,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    GGpX is happy.

    But trading our only good prospect to replace radulov is bad. Need Markov now... Or did he sign elsewhere?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    ...

  16. #36
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    60,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    GGpX is happy.

    But trading our only good prospect to replace radulov is bad. Need Markov now... Or did he sign elsewhere?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I'm happy that Radulov is gone, but not for reasons you might think (term + money for 30+ year olds = bad).

    They have no choice but to play Galchenyuk as the #1 center. That, in of itself, makes me happy.

    Hemsky a decade ago would be awesome. Today, though, umm...
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

    My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

    "Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

  17. #37
    Canadiens Moderator DonKay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    50,812
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    I'm happy that Radulov is gone, but not for reasons you might think (term + money for 30+ year olds = bad).

    They have no choice but to play Galchenyuk as the #1 center. That, in of itself, makes me happy.

    Hemsky a decade ago would be awesome. Today, though, umm...
    The question mark is will it be Drouin or AG that will be tried at center.
    Go Habs Go!

  18. #38
    Legend worm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    65,465
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    I'm happy that Radulov is gone, but not for reasons you might think (term + money for 30+ year olds = bad).

    They have no choice but to play Galchenyuk as the #1 center. That, in of itself, makes me happy.

    Hemsky a decade ago would be awesome. Today, though, umm...
    I know you reasons. Just sucks for next season.

    I'm not convinced chuck won't be traded for junk
    ...

  19. #39
    Mod Squad hairnova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Halifax, NS.
    Posts
    118,066
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by DonKay View Post
    Nothing wrong with venting and being disappointed.

    I'm sure most reactions are more emotional than anything...when I saw the headline that he signed in Dallas I was pissed, it **** and sucks to lose talent when we have so much trouble finding it
    Venting and being disappointed is perfectly fine, I'm just as disappointed as the next guy... but I can do without the total meltdowns.

  20. #40
    Legend GGpX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    60,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Habs Sign Ales Hemsky to 1-yr deal

    Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    I know you reasons. Just sucks for next season.

    I'm not convinced chuck won't be traded for junk
    Before free agency, I was convinced he was gone. Now, I don't see how they can trade him.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

    My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

    "Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •