• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The what now thread...

Did you read he rest? I really don't think that either Marchessault or RNH are unreasonable "gets". That would make your players "capable" of playing centre:

Drouin
Chucky
Marchessault
RNH
Danault
Mitchell
Shaw
Holland

A 30 goal midget making peanuts and an overrated medium sized soft center? Yeah, not happening.

You're actually expecting competency from our GM?

I think Krusty is shocked by how this offseason has transpired, so he's resorted to the old "this doesn't impact your life" response.

A 30 goal midget making peanuts and an overrated medium sized soft center? Yeah, not happening.

You're actually expecting competency from our GM?

Nope. What the hell would that be based on?

Just dreaming in technicolour.

I think Krusty is shocked by how this offseason has transpired, so he's resorted to the old "this doesn't impact your life" response.

If they can find a center, they'll be fine. Drouin is a huge add. Radulov is a loss but I'm not upset at losing Markov if he doesn't return. He's old.

If they can find a center, they'll be fine. Drouin is a huge add. Radulov is a loss but I'm not upset at losing Markov if he doesn't return. He's old.
Drouin is a super stud on the PP and will more than compensate for Markov's loss & point collection on the PP. if the Habs PP doesn't dramatically improve with Drouin on it, then nothing will.

Yeah... I am of the same mindset on Markov. I obviously respect what he has done, I also think he still has some left in the tank. But if his ask is unreasonable, I am OK with moving on.

Bergy seems to have realized that he cannot keep putting bandaids on this team.

That's why he won'T overpay for Markov-Radulov.

Pleks-Hemsky are off the books next summer.....that's 7 mil cap space.

We can compete with our actual top 6....and Julien will make sure we close things down defensively.

We won't finish ahead of Tampa (assuming they are healthy), but we can compete with Sens-Bruins-Sabres-Panthers-Leafs for #2 spot in division.

At this point, I hope they give Hudon and Sherbak a shot....let them play worry-free (unlike how they treated Chuckie).

If Molson thinks Price is the solution, then so be it, Price will be the solution to long playoff runs.

I have been pounding this for 10 years now on this board: we need franchise center. I have been told numerous times that I am wrong and that we can win with Price carrying us to the Cup by almost everyone here in past 10 years. I hope you all realize now that Price is as much a solution as a curse for this team. I am happy we have Price, but I am not happy that management did not do anything to build around him since 2005. There lies the problem.

I am now content with the statu quo...i am accustomed to it....it has sunk into my bones, and I will keep cheering on this team for better and for worst. If we happen to make noise, it's a bonus.

From everything I have read, Hudon is NHL ready. Scherbak? No.

Then there's a problem....Sherbak should have been ready, injuries or not.

His talent is great....he's a scorer....you develop him into a scorer, not a reliable 2-way player. I know what they did, Bergy explained it....they coach their AHL team to follow the organization system so that when they graduate, they fit into the team perfectly. And that's the problem...you are trying to teach them Lemaire system....no shit none of them graduated in past 5 years. You shut down all creativity....

Drouin is a super stud on the PP and will more than compensate for Markov's loss & point collection on the PP. if the Habs PP doesn't dramatically improve with Drouin on it, then nothing will.

I am simply amazed at how people quickly forget how sublime Markov's passing really is. Even last season he made some slick outlet passes and O zone tosses that made us go "wow". He'll be missed, there is nobody on D on this team that can even come close to his passing ability.

And? They protected him on back to back games, limited his TOI and took him off the PK.

Like I said, I want him back, but I am not gonna bend over for a declining asset.

Markov in decline is still superior to most of our D in their prime.

I could see Detroit going after him.

I am simply amazed at how people quickly forget how sublime Markov's passing really is. Even last season he made some slick outlet passes and O zone tosses that made us go "wow". He'll be missed, there is nobody on D on this team that can even come close to his passing ability.

None of that is incorrect but he's almost 40. Old. Decline happens.

Who is gonna replace his points in your mind?

The PP points can be replaced, possibly Drouin by many accounts.

That means 5 on 5 he produced 24 points. Who can I get to provide 24 points 5 on 5 playing beside either Weber or Petry? Probably someone who will cost less than Markov.

Back