• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The what now thread...

It's only July 4

Some teams will need to make moves to free up cap space.

I think it's too early to say this is the team we are going with

What I would do?

Try to unload Pleks (ARZ?), And I would even pay them to take him via a pick.

Then I make a play for RNH, Gallagher (+?).

I also make a play for Marchessault out of LV.

Resign Markov.

Done.

I think the most telling state of this team is when you actually put the lineup together. It shows how weak we truly are.

I'm totally spit-balling here because I don't know Galchenyuk's and Drouin's positions.

Pacioretty-Galcheyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Drouin-Lekhonen
Hemsky-Pleks-Shaw
dont****ingcare-Danault-don't****ingcare

Weber-Schlemko
Petry-Alzner
Benn-Davidson.

I must be missing a good player???

What I would do?

Try to unload Pleks (ARZ?), And I would even pay them to take him via a pick.

Then I make a play for RNH, Gallagher (+?).

I also make a play for Marchessault out of LV.

Resign Markov.

Done.

The team has no centers and you still think they're even thinking about moving Plekanec before the deadline?

I think the most telling state of this team is when you actually put the lineup together. It shows how weak we truly are.

Pacioretty-Galcheyuk-Gallagher
Byron-Drouin-Lekhonen
Hemsky-Pleks-Shaw
dont****ingcare-Danault-don't****ingcare

Weber-Schlemko
Petry-Alzner
Benn-Davidson.

I must be missing a good player???

Hudon will be given a chance. Beyond that? No, that's the ugliness we're looking at.

Pacioretty-RNH-Drouin
Chucky-Marchessault-Hemsky
Lehkonen-Danault-Shaw
Martinesen-Mitchell-Byron

Markov-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Schlemko-Benn

The team has no centers and you still think they're even thinking about moving Plekanec before the deadline?

Did you read he rest? I really don't think that either Marchessault or RNH are unreasonable "gets". That would make your players "capable" of playing centre:

Drouin
Chucky
Marchessault
RNH
Danault
Mitchell
Shaw
Holland

What now?

IMO the age old (poor) strategy of hope & pray there's a cap dump of solid player or two waiting to happen - I could grin & bear present D if forward group can be significantly upgraded.

Schlemko-Weber
Alzner-Petry
JJ/Davidson-Benn

One of Anisimov/RNH, and Jenner would instantly transform the lineup. #toogoodtobetrue

Last edited:
What now? The age old strategy of hope & pray there's a cap dump of solid player or two waiting to happen - one of Anisimov/RNH, and Jenner would instantly transform the lineup. #toogoodtobetrue

Exactly. Chill out and enjoy the summer. MB's priblems are his, not ours.

Oh please. It's not like this will effect some sort of change in our lives guys. It's discussion and the realization that it will be another looooong season. The Habs simply do not have a good management/ownership group. Period. Bandages everywhere and they aren't brand name either.

Back