Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News thread for the 2017-2018 season

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: News thread for the 2017-2018 season

Quote Originally Posted by andyt View Post
    Haven't seen a match all season then?
    Nah ... he's watching Villa's "march" through the Championship with me. They actually haven't been half bad after a faltering start. Injuries are starting to pile up though. It's gonna be a tough Christmas season in the classy part of Birmingham*

* That was hard to type with a straight face.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    Nah ... he's watching Villa's "march" through the Championship with me. They actually haven't been half bad after a faltering start. Injuries are starting to pile up though. It's gonna be a tough Christmas season in the classy part of Birmingham*

* That was hard to type with a straight face.
    The other part of Birmingham is 1 point from safety...

AHL Veteran VinatieriDefinesClutch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't count leagues where Villa don't play or international competitions where Netherlands don't play. It's been a while since I've actually seen a soccer match. How's my favorite player ever John Terry, who I've never said anything bad about ever, doing?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VinatieriDefinesClutch View Post
    Yeah, I don't count leagues where Villa don't play or international competitions where Netherlands don't play. It's been a while since I've actually seen a soccer match. How's my favorite player ever John Terry, who I've never said anything bad about ever, doing?
    Shockingly ... he's hurt. He broke his foot in early November, which coincided with a surge in the team's performance. Coincidence? I think not.

AHL Veteran VinatieriDefinesClutch's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shockingly ... he's hurt. He broke his foot in early November, which coincided with a surge in the team's performance. Coincidence? I think not.
    I always knew he was a bum. I've always said that, complete bum. There is no proof that I've ever said otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VinatieriDefinesClutch View Post
    I always knew he was a bum. I've always said that, complete bum. There is no proof that I've ever said otherwise.
    Look ... I'm fairly neutral on the subject and even I consider him a bum. I only saw two Villa games when he was playing and he's absolutely leaden out there at this point. Whether that's age or a complete lack of give a crap or some combination thereof ... who knows?

Post Thanks / Like

MLS championship is done ... Toronto flipped the script on Seattle in a. rematch of last year's final. Jozi Altidore with the break through goal in the second frame powered a 2-0 win. Toronto was the better side all game, so that was a fair result. Oh, and Stefan Frei remains just a spectacular big game goalkeeper.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto also became the first MLS club to win a domestic treble. They also won the Supporters Shield and Canadian Championship, which is only contested between 5 clubs, the 3 in MLS, Edmonton of NASL and Ottawa of USL.

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I don't think that Canadian championship thingie means much ... OK, it means nothing.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I don't think that Canadian championship thingie means much ... OK, it means nothing.
    It gets the winner into the CONCACAF Champions League. But it doesn't have the scope of the US Open Cup so yeah, it's pretty worthless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12