• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canadiens announce restructuring of player development personnel

hairnova

News Breaker
Habs announce restructuring of player development personnel.

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/francis-bouillon-named-coach-player-development/c-290294444

____

bouillon.jpg

https://www.nhl.com/canadiens/news/francis-bouillon-named-coach-player-development/c-290294444

This bullshit should have it's own damn thread.

Francis Bouillon
Martin Lapointe
Vincent Riendeau

What in the actual ****? It amazes me that people actually wonder why we can't develop players! We hire NHL SCRUBS to DEVELOP PROSPECTS?! What the **** is Boullion gonna teach anyone? This is why the Canadiens develop bottom 6 players and not top 6 players. We force skill guys to go hard boards, high glass, & dump and chase. What I wanna know is where all of the "Great Canadiens Alumni" are? They pop up to complain about the team (Lafleur/Damphousse etc) But none of them are available to actually help out?

Damphousse
Kovalev
Richer
Dejardins
Roy
Theodore
Schneider

These are the guys I want the kids listening to. Not some border line NHL'ers who barely even had a ****ing career!

I remember teasing Count years ago that the Habs will hire Bouillon as a coach one day just to piss him off.

Should have realized they were stupid enough to do it.

Skill guys rarely make great teachers...my son plays high level hockey in the Ottawa area and all of his coaches, instructors have been former NHL players who were grinders and humps, the likes of Shean Donovan, Randy Robitaiile, Brad Brown, Mike Eastwood, Matt Bradley, Etc...not one high skill guy in the bunch. My kid is a skill or what we used to call finesse player. Most NHL guys know how to put kids in situations to enhance their skill and creativity.

TT moves to assistant GM. Firing by promotion, or just a case of changing title?

We all know that a great player does not necessarily mean a great coach. The league is FULL of marginal players in important roles. My favourite Hab, Lafleur, would be clueless in a teaching role.

Skill guys rarely make great teachers...my son plays high level hockey in the Ottawa area and all of his coaches, instructors have been former NHL players who were grinders and humps, the likes of Shean Donovan, Randy Robitaiile, Brad Brown, Mike Eastwood, Matt Bradley, Etc...not one high skill guy in the bunch. My kid is a skill or what we used to call finesse player. Most NHL guys know how to put kids in situations to enhance their skill and creativity.

"What do you mean by how you do it. You just take the puck, stickhandle around all the D, skate fast enough to avoid the hit, and then snipe top corner. Don't worry if your shot is off by a little bit - a bit lower and it should fall under his glove. I could do this at 12 - I don't know why it's so hard for you!"

TT moves to assistant GM. Firing by promotion, or just a case of changing title?

Which coaching team would you rather have.... a guy who maxed out at University Hockey (Babcock), a journeyman NHL D (Quenneville), and 42 game NHL Player (Vigneault)
or
Best player of all time (Gretzky), one of the top goalies ever (Roy) and Hockey Hall of Famer (Scott Stevens)

Other failed NHL coaches include Rocket Richard, and Boom Boom Geoffrion.

Which coaching team would you rather have.... a guy who maxed out at University Hockey (Babcock), a journeyman NHL D (Quenneville), and 42 game NHL Player (Vigneault)
or
Best player of all time (Gretzky), one of the top goalies ever (Roy) and Hockey Hall of Famer (Scott Stevens)

Other failed NHL coaches include Rocket Richard, and Boom Boom Geoffrion.

don't forget to mention Julien...

We used to complain about Gainey and his ''country club''......Bergevin has taken it to a whole other level

I wonder how they conduct their interviews ?

Bergy, Lapointe, Bouillon, TT........do they just ask the candidate to bench press a minimal weight, and if he does, they are hired ?

Changing title.

He was VP of Player Personnel last year.
Martin Lapointe has now taken over head of player personnel reporting to MB not TT. It's more than title change TT is now MBs right hand man along with Dudley's consigliere role.

Vincent Riendeau seems to have been demoted...also no mention of Shane Churla getting a promo.

I'm disappoint Red Light Racicot is not on the payroll

Back