Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Canadiens announce restructuring of player development personnel

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Canadiens announce restructuring of player development personnel

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    Timmins = Peter Principle
    Look at it this way TT now will likely no longer hold amateur scouting responsibilities and might be poached for a GM gig...

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    I remember teasing Count years ago that the Habs will hire Bouillon as a coach one day just to piss him off.

Should have realized they were stupid enough to do it.
    I saw the headline on TSN about the cube and the first thing I thought was Count's BF is back. MB reads these forums and 100% did this to fk with Count.

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xposbrad View Post
    I saw the headline on TSN about the cube and the first thing I thought was Count's BF is back. MB reads these forums and 100% did this to fk with Count.
    If only I had that much power.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Look at it this way TT now will likely no longer hold amateur scouting responsibilities and might be poached for a GM gig...
    Maybe a decade ago that was possible, but TT doesn't fit the new model of smart/analytics oriented GM.
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think dudley is asst gm and handles pro scouting. Timmins as asst gm would bein charge of amateur scouting

Post Thanks / Like

Dudley is Senior Advisor for pro &a amateur scouting

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Dudley is Senior Advisor for pro &a amateur scouting
    McCagg is saying Timmins is still in charge of draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like everyone got promoted, except Riendeau.

Also I don't mind Bouillon as development coach, his technique and positioning was near perfect, which is the only reason he was able to have an NHL career as a 5'8 defenseman. He had to study the game extensively to get every single edge he could to survive, that's a good guy to have teach your young players.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So an early exit in the playoffs warrant promotions. Nice ship Molson is running. Country club bullshit.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

One can only hope.....one can only hope....
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    So an early exit in the playoffs warrant promotions. Nice ship Molson is running. Country club bullshit.
    We also had 0 graduates from Sly on the ice for the last game of the season, unless you want to count Gallagher.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    We also had 0 graduates from Sly on the ice for the last game of the season, unless you want to count Gallagher.
    This is why I don't understand why he is still employed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadiens announce restructuring of player development personnel

Marty Lapointe was just on TSN690, as he got into talking about this generation of player, u could hear the frustration in his voice regarding how hard he felt it was getting through to them....looks to me like he was gently pushed aside.

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

So according the Lapointe, in the last 5 years, we have to blame every single prospect for not listening to coaching/management...and that's one of the reasons we haven't graduated anyone permanently in past 5 years ?
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Canadiens announce restructuring of player development personnel

I think he was miffed at Scherbak "u can get them nutritionists, personal trainers, psychologists but at some point they have got to want to be a professional and want to succeed.....u can have all the skills but commitment & mindset is necessary.."

- Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

I think he was miffed at Scherbak "u can get them nutritionists, personal trainers, psychologists but at some point they have got to want to be a professional and want to succeed....."
    how about they coach them properly ?

You can't tell me that every prospect that Sly got his hands on failed because they weren't professional or didn't want to succeed.....maybe the system needs to be changed. After 5 years, I am ready to give the benefit of the doubt to the players....not management.

Lapointe sounds like Bergevin when he is defensive in his pressers...

Post Thanks / Like

So if Hudon or JDLR finally succeeds this season as an NHL regular....does the org get any credit for patience?

- Geoff Molson

The Artist Formerly Known as chiggins. CH1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So if Hudon or JDLR finally succeeds this season as an NHL regular....does the org get any credit for patience?

in the new NHL, 4th liners like JDLR are hardly worth developing as many experienced ones are available for around $1M/yr
    Some GMs get you to the playoffs and some GMs get you through the playoffs.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he was miffed at Scherbak "u can get them nutritionists, personal trainers, psychologists but at some point they have got to want to be a professional and want to succeed.....u can have all the skills but commitment & mindset is necessary.."
    Other teams seems to be succeeding so what's different with our players? Once again, either we're not drafting the right players, or we're not developing them properly, or both.

Both Lapointe and Lefebvre, and Bergevin, are old schools and they responded well to tough love techniques of the past, but I don't think they understand this new generation of players, at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Hudon yes
    JDLR no

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast