• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs re-sign Alex Galchenyuk to three-year, $14.7 million deal

I think Souray left along with Streit the year before did he not? That year we were in first so no way he could trade those two when in first.

I have your point regarding the others although I doubt they would have gotten us that much. We were also going to play the Bruins, our perennial playoff bitch so beating them was never something impossible.

If this wasn't Montreal, Gainey would have traded all those players at the trade deadline for picks or youth.

But Montreal being Montreal, he kept them, made a playoff push, got in 8th place....and got wiped in 4 games by Boston.

Imagine the picks and young players we could've had for Koivu-Kovalev-Komi-Souray-Streit-Tanguay...an incredible screw-up job by this organization.....this is what the Montreal market does...it prevents management from making the ''right'' moves.

was that the 100th year?

If this wasn't Montreal, Gainey would have traded all those players at the trade deadline for picks or youth.

But Montreal being Montreal, he kept them, made a playoff push, got in 8th place....and got wiped in 4 games by Boston.

Imagine the picks and young players we could've had for Koivu-Kovalev-Komi-Souray-Streit-Tanguay...an incredible screw-up job by this organization.....this is what the Montreal market does...it prevents management from making the ''right'' moves.
So all Bergevin needs to do in order to be a good GM is to work for a team with less demanding fans and media?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I think Souray left along with Streit the year before did he not? That year we were in first so no way he could trade those two when in first.

I have your point regarding the others although I doubt they would have gotten us that much. We were also going to play the Bruins, our perennial playoff bitch so beating them was never something impossible.

Souray left after we missed the playoffs with the loss to the Leafs in the final game in 2007. Gainey choose Hamrlik instead.

Streit left in 2008, when Gainey decided to replace him with Alex Tanguay.

Just stick Alex at centre and call it a day. The coaches should be working with him over the summer to prepare him for the start of next season. He was doing great in the middle until he got hurt.

Just stick Alex at centre and call it a day. The coaches should be working with him over the summer to prepare him for the start of next season. He was doing great in the middle until he got hurt.

probably violates the CBA

but i agree

Back