• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs re-sign Alex Galchenyuk to three-year, $14.7 million deal

This ****ing moron didn't learn from the bridge deal he crammed down Subban's throat.

It's a "fair" deal... but we may as well kiss him goodbye in 3 years now.

Only scary part of course is that he will be a UFA at the end of the contract but we can worry about that in three years.

This ****ing moron didn't learn from the bridge deal he crammed down Subban's throat.

I suspect that Galchenyuk wanted this because of his drop in play last year. Bergevin loves to play chicken with his better players

I'd like a shot at Bergevin's job. Of course it'll take 4-5 years to undo this kind of damage.

forced subban to up his game
hopefully it works again

I'm not convinced Galchenyuk wanted a longer contract. It's also an easily tradeable contract if the need arise.

Yeah, would have liked a few extra years on there, but the advantage to this is no matter how badly we screw him up the next year or two, the contract should be easily movable.

And we still have him locked in for 3 years. Can worry down the road if he either walks or needs a massive pay raise.

I'm not convinced Galchenyuk wanted a longer contract. It's also an easily tradeable contract if the need arise.

He has this year to prove himself and the term is fine and agreed he wanted a shorter term . As much as we claim bridge deals are shit you could end up with a RNH or Bogosian mess .

Its moveable and if he proves himself he gets more in the open market or possibly resigns .

Back