• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes sold.

Re: Letter of Intent to Purchase Canes

I gave up on this fantasy long ago.
Oh, it’s VERY real. Both sides have spent significant funds in due diligence. It just doesn’t look like the new guy is going to get his financing. Nobody ever thought he had the funds in pocket already. It was always going to be leveraged.

Oh, it’s VERY real. Both sides have spent significant funds in due diligence. It just doesn’t look like the new guy is going to get his financing. Nobody ever thought he had the funds in pocket already. It was always going to be leveraged.

Quebec City or bust for the Canes? Asian investors on the back burner for the team to satisfy the NHL's foray into China? Not looking good long term for the franchise overall here now.

We went from "not good" to awful in 15 hours. Pete, through Chip, tells Greenberg "show me the money!".

“The sale of the team is just sitting there, waiting for Chuck to say, ‘Geez, I can’t raise the money,’” Karmanos said. “We have a commitment to Chuck and we’re going to see it through. And quite frankly I wish he would pick up the phone and say, ‘Geez, you know what, I can’t get it done.’ Because it looks like he can’t get it done.”

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/nhl/carolina-hurricanes/article181265886.html

I think it's safe to day this franchise is failing in many ways.

Refusing to ice a competitive team, jacking prices up too high. Fleecing the die hard fans out of every dollar possible, and pushing away a lot of people who are convinced that the Canes in Carolina are a lame duck franchise soon to move again.

The Hot Stove guys on Hockey Night In Canada Saturday night were basically saying this team craves a new owner in the worst way for far too many reasons to count! Without a new approach, a new marketing plan and a fresh start under new ownership, were doomed. Any change of ownership at this point will invigorate the fan base, obviously the winning and playoff ways have to return too, but I for one am willing to open my wallet back up and get back in the building if there were enough reasons to return under a new owner. I've given up hope on Greenberg at this point, but still hold out hope there is another group willing to come in and save NHL hockey in Raleigh at some point this season.

Rumor has it that Waddell May have been entertaining Greenberg tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rumor has it that Waddell May have been entertaining Greenberg tonight...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your sources happen to have any sense of the purpose of the meeting?

We need a sale to go through in the worst way to inject some vitality into this squad. At this point I'm not even sure what I would prefer - a Tavares or a new owner.

Did your sources happen to have any sense of the purpose of the meeting?

We need a sale to go through in the worst way to inject some vitality into this squad. At this point I'm not even sure what I would prefer - a Tavares or a new owner.

If we get the latter, the former becomes possible.

And welcome aboard - nice to have some new members.

If we get the latter, the former becomes possible.

And welcome aboard - nice to have some new members.

Totally agreed.

And thank you - I've actually been lurking for years. 99% of my hockey knowledge comes directly from this board (especially the workhorse that is cmaleski) so I'm not sure how much I can offer other than regurgitation!

Totally agreed.

And thank you - I've actually been lurking for years. 99% of my hockey knowledge comes directly from this board (especially the workhorse that is cmaleski) so I'm not sure how much I can offer other than regurgitation!

That's never stopped me! Welcome and let'em rip.

Totally agreed.

Welcome aboard. If you've been lurking that long, you don't need to be warned about the crazies.

If Chuck Greenberg is any kind of feisty type, you would hope he read Ponytail Pete's last comments in the media and wants this sale even more to stick it to him and turn the ship around. It sure would be fun to see the changes he would make across the board out of the gate!!! Mr. Waddell, please pack your desk and BTW your pink slip needs a signature.

Read a comforting remark made by Jim Cain in a business trade article as he returned to his old law firm in an "of counsel" role that it was satisfying to be able to see through the sale of the Canes to its new owner after being so involved in bringing the team here.

Always more going on than meets the eye. Always.

Money, especially money of this magnitude, takes time.

Meanwhile PK gonna PK.

Last edited:

99% of my hockey knowledge comes directly from this board (especially the workhorse that is cmaleski)

I appreciate the shout out! This is a best group of Canes fans on the net here so my labors are worth it to broaden the discussions held here. As everyone already said, don't feel shy to add your 2 cents anytime here.

Back