Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Canes sold.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Canes sold.

I saw Chuck Greenberg’s name in an unexpected place today. He was in Jerry Kramer’s room when Kramer was told he was finally elected to the football Hall of Fame.

Post Thanks / Like

Sporting News interview with Tom Dundon (in which he steps hard on the obligatory relocation question):

Q&A with Tom Dundon: New Hurricanes owner talks franchise's future, Mark Cuban, and the 'Hurricane Way'
    Here we are now...entertain us.

Post Thanks / Like

Again ... lots of stuff that sounds good. I'm just waiting to see what it looks like when implemented. So ... basically "show me"

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

"I love Bill Peters."

Kinda says it all right there.
    Shape Up or Ship Out

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    "I love Bill Peters."

Kinda says it all right there.
    Well... Yeah... makes you wonder...

His comments on RF were not as positive...

There's a lot of stuff he really HAS to say. His comments may be 100% transparent, and he really does love Bill Peters, or if he suspects that Peters is having issues, and makes any comments that are less than 100% supportive of the coach, he makes the problem worse and is forced to make a coaching change right now.

Could be that Peters has been jumping up and down asking for roster help to fill the gaps we've all been pointing to and RF hasn't done anything to help him.

Post Thanks / Like

My ex wife said she loved me at one time.....just saying.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cmon3 View Post
    Well... Yeah... makes you wonder...

His comments on RF were not as positive...

There's a lot of stuff he really HAS to say. His comments may be 100% transparent, and he really does love Bill Peters, or if he suspects that Peters is having issues, and makes any comments that are less than 100% supportive of the coach, he makes the problem worse and is forced to make a coaching change right now.

Could be that Peters has been jumping up and down asking for roster help to fill the gaps we've all been pointing to and RF hasn't done anything to help him.
    Exactly why I'm not wasting any energy on anything Dundon says right now. I'm waiting to see what he actually does.

Post Thanks / Like

When Joel Quenville gets fired, do the Canes have ANY chance of hiring this guy?

Will it take stupid huge money?

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigKahuna View Post
    When Joel Quenville gets fired, do the Canes have ANY chance of hiring this guy?
    There is always a chance, but...

Will it take stupid huge money?
    Define “stupid”. Coaches who won 3 Cups don’t come cheap. His current contract runs through 19-20 and pays $6 million per year.

https://www.secondcityhockey.com/201...ead-coach-2016

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see that happening. Quenneville will get paid stupid money by somebody next season ... Chicago or somebody else ... but I really think it's a waste to pay him that kind of money to coach a roster that's nowhere near competing for anything other than a lower half playoff spot. If you're a contender, then yeah.

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

I' m not overly impressed by Dundon. Did anyone else notice, in the Mom's game, every time they showed them, TD was in the picture, paying no attention to the game or play. Everytime he was glued to his phone - texting. How in hell does he expect to learn more about hockey by texting rather than watching closely and maybe getting pointers from someone more knowledgeable.

And yes, I'm aware that when they all were shown it was during a stoppage - even so...
    Last edited by *AH*; 02-23-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably reading fan boards.
    Here we are now...entertain us.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

The Canes Pass ticket promotion is back starting with the next home game on March 2 through the end of the year, except 3/17 against the Rangers and and 3/31 against the Flyers. It's 7 games for $97. The concessions price reductions are back too, starting March 2.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by *AH* View Post
    I' m not overly impressed by Dundon. Did anyone else notice, in the Mom's game, every time they showed them, TD was in the picture, paying no attention to the game or play. Everytime he was glued to his phone - texting. How in hell does he expect to learn more about hockey by texting rather than watching closely and maybe getting pointers from someone more knowledgeable.

And yes, I'm aware that when they all were shown it was during a stoppage - even so...
    Looking at his phone, like every other person in America above the age of 3?

Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

The Canes have bigger fish to fry right now than worrying about Dundon texting too much. They first need to teach Reluctant Ron how to make a trade call or how to take a trade call...because that sure seems like the biggest issue at the moment!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andyt View Post
    The Canes Pass ticket promotion is back starting with the next home game on March 2 through the end of the year, except 3/17 against the Rangers and and 3/31 against the Flyers. It's 7 games for $97. The concessions price reductions are back too, starting March 2.
    OK ... so that Boston game on 13th is going to be a train wreck, then. Mercifully I'm busy on the 17th so I won't have to put up with the Flyer fan swarm, and by the time we get to that Rangers game both teams will be playing out the string on the season. Otherwise it should be fairly safe from the unintentional (but completely obvious) consequence of driving visiting fans into the building with cheap tickets. But, I'm probably going to find something else to do on the 13th.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728