• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Canes sold.

If you want to own a major league sports team for one of the big 4 sports, a small market NHL team is as good a price point as you are going to find.

Its a bummer that he lives in the Dallas area, it would have been great to have a local owner up there in a suite most of the time. As I stated earlier, one of the most interesting things to me will be how Dundon views Waddell's 'empty building is ok' approach. We are what, less than 2 months away from when the Canes are going to be sending out season tix invoices for next season and asking for season tix holders to purchase playoff sheets for the first 2 rounds? How quickly will Dundon be involved and is he going to be willing to offer/ask for changes in these types of decisions (season tix prices/plans, playoff ticket prices, etc.)?

While there might not be much he changes for THIS season, the Canes are going to be asking for commitments for NEXT season not too long from now. That will be one of his first chances to alter the landscape of how this team does business.

If you want to own a major league sports team for one of the big 4 sports, a small market NHL team is as good a price point as you are going to find.

Its a bummer that he lives in the Dallas area, it would have been great to have a local owner up there in a suite most of the time. As I stated earlier, one of the most interesting things to me will be how Dundon views Waddell's 'empty building is ok' approach. We are what, less than 2 months away from when the Canes are going to be sending out season tix invoices for next season and asking for season tix holders to purchase playoff sheets for the first 2 rounds? How quickly will Dundon be involved and is he going to be willing to offer/ask for changes in these types of decisions (season tix prices/plans, playoff ticket prices, etc.)?

While there might not be much he changes for THIS season, the Canes are going to be asking for commitments for NEXT season not too long from now. That will be one of his first chances to alter the landscape of how this team does business.

Good points - it seems to me that getting the building fuller would be a higher priority than getting a lot of cash from a not full building.

If they get it full - to where you can't just buy a ticket at 6:30 when you decide to go, it adds value to STs, and then you can bring your prices back up somewhat in response to demand.

This market can be fantastic for the NHL and the team can be very profitable - they need to win and they need to generate a buzz in the community.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!

No way does Waddell stay on long term, he will be gone sooner than later. Dundon’s early comments already have touched on better value for the fan experience overall which is a great sign. It’s safe to say some new leadership on the marketing and public relations side of things is coming too! Cannot wait to see Dundon get to work.

Last edited:
Per NHL Network yesterday, the terms of the ownership change include a "no move" condition for 7 years. That doesn't mean that after 7 years the NHL will allow the team to be moved, but it does mean that we know for sure it won't be for the next 7 years. That is more than long enough to re-energize this market under Dundon's direction.

Per NHL Network yesterday, the terms of the ownership change include a "no move" condition for 7 years. That doesn't mean that after 7 years the NHL will allow the team to be moved, but it does mean that we know for sure it won't be for the next 7 years. That is more than long enough to re-energize this market under Dundon's direction.

Coincidentally, the Canes lease at PNC expires in 2024.

One of Luke's columns today. We might see noticeable changes to the fan experience tonight?

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/luke-decock/article194260614.html

One thing touched on in the N&O articles today was a real need for both an upgraded practice facility and a sports bar type restaurant/dining option on site. When it comes to enhancing the overall game day/night experience, it would be awfully nice to have a solid sports bar dining option pre and post game to visit. With no disrespect to the Backyard Bistro or the tailgating spreads, that entire PNC Arena area is just a black hole of nothing in terms of grabbing a couple beers and a decent burger before an event.

Yeah...I read that and wondered what could possibly be changed that quickly? Not immediate, but relative to the fan experience, my daughter quickly suggested adding the 3d ice projection effects that other arenas use before the game. What could change TONIGHT? Maybe a song or 2? More tshirts? Its already a HomeGrown series night so there are different things going on.

Last edited:
Back