• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Mark Streit to one-year, $700k deal

The question is , for that salary why didn't Streit just go back to Switzerland. He has to sweat out an 82 game schedule for just 700 K. He can maybe play half the games for 400 K , no tax, car incentives etc..en Suisse.

He wants to win lol

btw, i doubt a 40 years old defender get paid around 400k in Swiss! That should be the salary of highest paid players there i guess.

He wants to win lol

btw, i doubt a 40 years old defender get paid around 400k in Swiss! That should be the salary of highest paid players there i guess.

Meh, I bet on a lot of those Swiss teams he would still be their best defender at 39.

Actually 7 - too many people are taking it for granted Morrow will be a Hab.. he's there to beef up the AHL team, and I fully expect one of Davidson or even Benn to be dealt.

Actually 7 - too many people are taking it for granted Morrow will be a Hab.. he's there to beef up the AHL team, and I fully expect one of Davidson or even Benn to be dealt.

Maybe Davidson, but Benn is definitely in our top 6. Trading him without bringing back a better defender would weaken an already weak defense.

Davidson needs to go...a waste of 1.5m on the cap now.

And if Jerabek turns into a stud we will lose him in the offseason.

On a one-year, $700,000 deal, he can be buried in the AHL with no cap hit if he's not performing.

He had 28 points last year, he might be able to help on the third pair/powerplay.
He's over 35, can't bury the 700 in the minors unfortunately.

Back