• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs sign Mark Streit to one-year, $700k deal

Can he even still skate?

The guy can't even play anymore on the top 4 so I don't get yet another dept defenceman who isn't really helping us. If this Streit was signed because Markov is not coming back, our Defence will be putrid this season.

Streit only played 3 games on an AHL caliber dcorp in pittsburgh last playoff. Not sure what we think he should bring to our team this season.

Streit only played 3 games on an AHL caliber dcorp in pittsburgh last playoff. Not sure what we think he should bring to our team this season.

On a one-year, $700,000 deal, he can be buried in the AHL with no cap hit if he's not performing.

He had 28 points last year, he might be able to help on the third pair/powerplay.

So 8.5 million still in Cap Space... I bet it goes to some type of scoring player and we can expect to have this D moving forward.

Do we know what his ask was or are we speculating?

I have not been following much this summer.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2 years 12 million has been widely reported and by good sources.

It's more widely speculated, not reported. We don't really know what is the right information, just speculation of plausible demands.

Streit finished last season with a serious groin injury that hampered his mobility in the playoffs.

He suffered the injury on March 14th.

Back