• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs announce Markov WILL NOT be back next season

With the cap space that the Habs have, not working to get a deal done is a failure by Bergevin.

No other way to really spin this.

ya

ppl seem to assume a lot

but i thought maybe i missed some announcement or something
(does markov even have an agent)
No he's trying to save the 5% agents fee, his buddy (and former agent) Beryzin's license expired, and is now helping out as a guide.

Well it sure was a putrid summer for the habs.

Offence changes are a wash.
Defenceively we are worst than last year (big dip on the offence side)
Our prospect pool got worst as well.

Bergevin is a walking contradiction. Always said that drafting was his priority and building team from the back end was paramount. We have one of the worst prospect pool in the league and our d-corp got worst.

Markov leaving is that its dumb as **** from a #Habs standpoint. A team desperate for scoring shouldn't be letting proven point produces leave.

Markov leaving is that its dumb as **** from a #Habs standpoint. A team desperate for scoring shouldn't be letting proven point produces leave.
U do not give a player who's 35+ yrs of age with multiple major knee operations anything more than a 1-yr deal in a hard cap world - it's a probability game, risk of not playing at continued level for contract length is far greater than actually doing it.

As a non-Habs GM was quoted this week in a Marc De Foy article "the reason Jagr & Markov are not signed is the league's never been faster & no team will give a player their age a multi year deal"

Never fall in love with an asset - a player is simply a commodity to be bartered for greater gain, which in this case is cap space

Last edited:
People talk about Markov like he's irreplaceable. He isn't. He's very replaceable and for less money. Besides, their area of need is at center, not on the blue line. We've got Weber, Alzner. Petry, Schlemko, Benn and the Jurabek guy from Europe to play in front of the best goalie in hockey. We don't need Markov and we sure as hell don't need him at $6 million over two years. What we do need is a centerman who can be the pivot on one of the first two lines. That's where Bergevin needs to spend that $9 million.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Well, I don't get to see the Habs as much now that RDS doesn't carry all the games... With the direction the team has been heading for years (decades?), I've become more and more indifferent... :shrug

It sucks that the Laffs are getting their acts together, where I live it was insufferable, but now it will be worse since the Habs are getting worse... :nono

Last edited:
Back