• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs announce Markov WILL NOT be back next season

I used to laugh at leaf fans in the 90s, early 2000s as their GMs made bonehead moves, icing teams that would go nowhere, with over the hill, overpaid talent while trading away their future.

Leaf fans would somehow rationalize what their GM was doing, and I realized it was either rationalize or despair. Decades removed from a cup winning team and they would somehow be looking for the silver lining somewhere, that the future wasn't as bleak and everyone was saying it was. Poor, silly, suckers, those leaf fans. Still filling a building supporting a team that had no path, no plan, no future. I wondered how the **** they did it.

I get it now.

I knew this whole announcement/conference call seemed a little weird for him to then go play for another NHL team.

Just having Markov confirmed he was willing to go for a single year is all the information we needed to know that BErgevin dropped the ****ing ball. Unless he has a trade almost done to bring something big for that 8 millions in cap we have, it's a pathetic faillure.

We all know Bergevin is not anywhere close to make a trade to erase that mistake right now on his desk sitting so...

The sad truth is that rarely anything of substance gets done in season so we should all together quit the BS that he has the season and up until the deadline to get something done for another dman or center.

You really think we'll go into the season with $9M in space?

No, but I do think we won't get the maximal use of that capspace.

Capspace is only relevant if you have something good to spend it on. If all there is that's available are scrubs, then what is that money really worth?

That's out of his hands now.

Other teams could decide to not trade to Montreal or he may get out bid.

The scrubs that are left aren't worth 9 million.

So yeah, if he fails to get a deal done welcome to your 2017-2018 Montreal pieces of shit.

Just having Markov confirmed he was willing to go for a single year is all the information we needed to know that BErgevin dropped the ****ing ball. Unless he has a trade almost done to bring something big for that 8 millions in cap we have, it's a pathetic faillure.

We all know Bergevin is not anywhere close to make a trade to erase that mistake right now on his desk sitting so...

He says he was willing to sign for 1 year.

Bergevin is ####ing stupid.*

Markov has a unique family situation that pretty much limited him to MTL or Russia. The mother of his two young kids recently passed away and they both moved to MTL to be with him. I doubt he had any interest in uprooting them again.

Any free agents worth anything that would help us where we need it?

That answer is no, so we could always trade for other people's overpriced players that will help us. But at this time of the year, must of those teams would do it to save money to sign someone else, and there's no real worthy signings to be made for any teams wishing to dump contracts...

so ya, most of that 9M will remain open until at least the start of the season

Might want to wait & see how much he'll sign for in tax free KHL. Money was a factor..for both sides.

Back