• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

PDG Re-Signs

725K/125K on a 1-year 2-way "prove you belong" deal. Good luck PDG... I like him as a player, I just don't know that the ceiling isn't as an AHL tweener.

725K/125K on a 1-year 2-way "prove you belong" deal. Good luck PDG... I like him as a player, I just don't know that the ceiling isn't as an AHL tweener.

No guaranteed minimum either. That AHL salary is half of what Brenden Kichton and Jeremy Smith got.

In most any other previous season, the org would have been hyping him and pencilling him into the lineup before camp even begun.

Now he's breathing fire down the necks of those that think they're in instead.

Got depth.

But, you know, the LW depth just about ends there with PDG. Who's next? Zykov playing his offside like he does for the Checkers?

Aho
Skinner
McGinn
Nordstrom
Di Giuseppe

And since coach likes to give Skinner his own setup line as a third scoring line weapon, this really highlights how very much we could use a top-six LW...like Landeskog. That's who we should be trying to acquire from Colorado, not Duchene.

But, fill in LW of your choice...we could use one. Could be Rask if a 1C blockbuster deal occurs.

Bottom line, we're not that deep on the left side. Will have to overslot at least one bottom sixer upward if Skinner slots with Ryan and Stempniak again. Presumably McGinn.

But at least we can now cover one LW injury without debuting an AHL'er.

There is no guarantee PDG clears waivers before the season starts. He would look pretty great on some teams' 4th line with that contract, with third line potential upside. A team like the Caps or the Pens sure could use some cheap talent for their 4th lines.

There is no guarantee PDG clears waivers before the season starts. He would look pretty great on some teams' 4th line with that contract, with third line potential upside. A team like the Caps or the Pens sure could use some cheap talent for their 4th lines.

Agreed, PDG would not likely make it through waivers based on his age, contract and potential upside given a chance on another club. Perhaps PDG and his agent see the writing on the wall here and hope he gets plucked off waivers by someone else and he gets a chance to stick with an NHL club that claims him. The nice thing about waivers for a young guy looking for a chance and a look with another NHL team is they are required to keep him up with the big club or surrender him back to his original club.

Back