• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Couple of General Season Ticket Member questions

Lemme get this straight ... just when I got so frustrated with this club that I came about a whisker from telling them where to shove their renewal notice, you two jump back into the STH club?

Oh how the promise of fresh ownership changes one's worldview.

According to the STM info on the website(s), if you are enrolled in digital ticketing then things like vouchers and exchanges can all be handled online via CAM. That might be why not everyone here does those things online?

It was supposed to be available both with paper vouchers AND in the online account, the same way tickets themselves work. We can transfer, purchase or even sell tickets in the online account, we just can't apply a voucher to a purchase. Which is dumber than dumb, IMO. All it takes is a promo code widget. Like virtually every commercial sales site has.

And good freaking luck with the "paperless" tickets ... for which they make you get an actual paper ticket printed out at the door every bloody game. Ugh ... this franchise sometimes.

I'll let everyone know how it goes with the vouchers and doing everything online. Expect a rant from me in a couple of weeks once they open up additional ticket purchases for season ticket holders Monday August 21st and I find I can't apply vouchers (which are suppose to somehow be somewhere available to me in my CAM account).

Last edited:
And good freaking luck with the "paperless" tickets ... for which they make you get an actual paper ticket printed out at the door every bloody game. Ugh ... this franchise sometimes.

They print out all your seating details since there isn't a paper ticket to prove you're not poaching or to gain entry to The Deck or priority lounges. Waiting for the scan and then the print out annoys the living hell out of my wife and is reasons #1 - infinity why she won't move to paperless as long as we're full STM.

I would never show up to the arena without all of my tickets in a hardcopy form. I don't trust digital quite that much.

They print out all your seating details since there isn't a paper ticket to prove you're not poaching or to gain entry to The Deck or priority lounges. Waiting for the scan and then the print out annoys the living hell out of my wife and is reasons #1 - infinity why she won't move to paperless as long as we're full STM.

Meh ... they give you TWO separate cards with the self same information on it that would suffice for that purpose. And yet they make you stand there and wait for a mini printer paper ticket and have the temerity to call it a paperless system. Barf.

From the article:

"To buy digital tickets for the team's home games, you'll have to download Heat's official app from Google Play or iTunes. Go to the events tab to buy one... and don't leave your phone at home when you go to the game."

Supposedly, If I leave my paper ticket at home, I can go to the box office and buy a replacement by showing my STM card. Supposedly, they credit it back when the unused original is presented at the box office. So how would that work if you leave your phone home? In this situation, I think the STM card is better than the phone app because my STM card lives in my wallet. I'm more likely to leave my phone behind than my wallet, although I've done that too.

Agreed ... that's awkward at best. Ticketmaster, for of all their flaws, has a much easier solution with their unique bar codes. If you have to print a replacement ticket, they simple assign a new bar code to that seat and void the old one. I'd never feel comfortable purchasing a replacement and then trusting them to get around to a refund at some later point.

I've used digital ticketing since the first year it was offered. Once maybe twice a year there is a slight delay at the gate. The only major delay I had was my fault when I transferred the ticket to someone else and then ended up using the ticket and forgot to transfer it back. Guest Services took care of it in 10 minutes or so. Personally, I like the convenience of not having to have individual game tickets. If I get stuck late at work and have to go straight to the arena, not a problem because I already have my card.

Are they always this late with getting out information to season ticket members on when the window for additional ticket purchases and STM appreciation ticket purchases will actually become available? Isn't that suppose to be actually start happening tomorrow at 10AM? They still haven't listed final information on STM appreciation pricing or provided a link or anything like that yet (I know the general pricing structure, but I was going to get tickets for the opener using those discounted prices tomorrow, or at least I was hoping to).

Knowing these dates and times are actually important to me as I would like to grab the 2 open seats next to my season tix seats for key games as soon as possible (like the home opener). All I've been told so far is that info will be coming and the additional ticket purchase dates will be mid week this week. The general public date is Thursday, the 'friends of the Facebook channel' is supposed to be Wednesday, the season ticket holder additional ticket sales are supposed to open tomorrow at 10AM. ST appreciation sales????

Last edited:
CM ... they've been all over the place with timing on stuff like that over the years. Best advice ... call your sales rep. Sometimes they know info like that that may not have been published just yet for one reason or another.

Are they always this late with getting out information to season ticket members on when the window for additional ticket purchases and STM appreciation ticket purchases will actually become available? Isn't that suppose to be actually start happening tomorrow at 10AM? They still haven't listed final information on STM appreciation pricing or provided a link or anything like that yet (I know the general pricing structure, but I was going to get tickets for the opener using those discounted prices tomorrow, or at least I was hoping to).

Knowing these dates and times are actually important to me as I would like to grab the 2 open seats next to my season tix seats for key games as soon as possible (like the home opener). All I've been told so far is that info will be coming and the additional ticket purchase dates will be mid week this week. The general public date is Thursday, the 'friends of the Facebook channel' is supposed to be Wednesday, the season ticket holder additional ticket sales are supposed to open tomorrow at 10AM. ST appreciation sales????

Check your email. I got an email at 6:15:

As a Hurricanes Season Ticket Member, you will have exclusive access to the following:

Individual Game Tickets

Starting Tuesday, August 22nd at 10:00AM EST – you will have access to purchase individual tickets prior to the general public on-sale (August 24th). Additional tickets can only be purchased through your Caniac Account Manager or at the PNC Arena box office window.

To view your Season Ticket Member Individual ticket rate and for additional information on fees and box office hours, visit Hurricanes.com/AdditionalTickets.

Please note, individual game orders of 10 tickets or more may be eligible for additional group discounts – simply contact your Hurricanes representative for more details!

STM Appreciation Nights!

Saturday, October 7th is our first STM Appreciation Night for the season. To take advantage of this offer, you may purchase up to 9 tickets through Caniac Account Manager. For orders of 10+ tickets, please contact your Hurricanes Representative directly to organize your seats.

For a complete list of STM Appreciation games and prices, click here.

Digital Account Manager Access

Also starting Tuesday, August 22nd at 10:00AM EST – digital Season Ticket Members will have full access to their Caniac Account Manager to: process ticket vouchers*, ticket exchanges*, and ticket transfers.

If you have printed tickets, you may redeem your vouchers* and process exchanges* at the PNC Arena Box office once you have your tickets in-hand. To review ticket exchange information, visit Hurricanes.com/STMExchange.

So much for doing everything online. Only digital STMs can use CAM for exchanges and vouchers, exactly what I was expecting.

I guess I don't understand what the difference is. My understanding is that every season ticket holder has digital access to their tickets. Yeah you get the paper tickets too, but everyone should be able to use CAM for anything. I did ask about paper tickets, and I will get them too. But I also can do everything online. At least that is what they told me. If I choose to exchange a ticket via CAM my paper ticket would become invalid.

Are there season ticket holders who have no CAM account? I took digital STM here as a description of STMs who choose to act on their tickets via CAM and not some separate group of people that only have access to their tickets via CAM.

I'll know soon enough. I'm likely to jump on exchanging the 2 exhibition games for 2 other regular season games tomorrow (or at least am planning to attempt to do this). I'll probably be using the vouchers rather quickly too in an effort to grab seats right next to my 2 season tickets. When do printed tickets normally get mailed out (I assume this happens well into September?)

----edit----

I see my vouchers for the first time on my CAM account this morning (August 22nd).

Last edited:
For the record, as of 11AM, I'm not able to do anything with exchanges or my vouchers via CAM. I see the vouchers there on my account, but I can't do anything with them. I also can't do anything to my full season tickets (yet)...no exchanges, nothing.

I was able to purchase additional seats and could get at the STM appreciation pricing, so that was goodness.

----edit---

And the final verdict is....that all of you are 100% right of course. If you get paper tickets, well, sorry, no voucher or exchange conveniences for you. I'm waiting for a couple more clarifications before I decide whether or not I'm going to forgo the paper tickets and be 'digital' or join the ranks of those who go to the box office or the tables at the game to exchange tickets and cash in vouchers (which honestly is not that big a deal for me, I can swing by the arena pretty easily).

---edit #2 ---
By the way, at least from what I've just been told, there will be no option to print out digital season tickets prior to the game this year. So you are stuck waiving around your smartphone to get into the arena and then will have to wait to get a printout of your seats. That is a show stopper for me, I don't want to be 'that guy'.

Apparently as a 'late purchaser' I was defaulted to paper tickets. I'm going to stick to that and just do the vouchers and exchanges at the box office, which means I have to wait until after Labor day when I have my paper tickets to actually do that. Someone apparently scoffed up 2 full season tickets in seats 3+4 to next to my seats 1+2 after I purchased my 2 seats....so there is much less urgency to try to get tickets for the seats right next to mine, they are not available. One of the risks we took and not a big deal, but I hope whoever bought those 2 seats is likeable because my wife already has it in for them. :lol

Last edited:
Actually let me ask one more question here...sorry to be a pain in the neck.....

If you are a paper season ticket holder and you needed to sell some of your tickets (ie stubhub), how would you do it?

If you are a digital season ticket holder and you needed to sell some of your tickets (ie stubhub), how would you do it (especially if you cannot print out the ticket?)

I suspect this is as much (or more) about trying to damage the secondary markets outside of Ticketmaster's resale market. If you are digital and you can't even get a PDF of your tickets, how can you resell them outside of using CAM and Ticketmaster?

If you are a paper season ticket holder and you needed to sell some of your tickets (ie stubhub), how would you do it?

Paper tickets, when I want to sell I print from CAM to a PDF file and upload the PDF file to stubhub (My "P" parking pass is a writeoff in that case because it's not electronic-enabled). I only do this once a year or so because my ticket-splitting arrangement with a friend brings me down to a manageable number, so it's just in case of a late-notice conflict when there's no exchange-game possibilities that I can make use of.

Thanks StormChaser. Hopefully that will still be an option this year for paper tickets. With Digital tickets not being printable, that would completely limit you to Ticketmaster's resale platform via CAM? I also don't like that if I wanted to transfer digital tickets that whoever I'm transferring them to would need to create a CAM account and have to deal with the mobile phone scan and printout at the arena.

I'm expecting (hoping?) that I'm going to be able to sell the tickets we won't be able to use and don't necessarily want to exchange to neighbors, packaged with a parking pass. Will save them quite a bit of money on some pretty good seats and parking and net me more than selling via the secondary market sites. I'm sure that won't work out quite the way I'm envisioning....

Back