• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Couple of General Season Ticket Member questions

I talked to my rep. He apologized for the lack of notification but said the tickets would be delivered by FedEx today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a text from FedEx at like 6:30 this morning and had my tickets before 9am. They must have cut a deal to get them out quick,since they were running late.

Whatever. We've had Ticketmaster printed blanks delivered the day before the first ex game more than once.

Its been a long time for me away from full season tickets....I assume that the actual tickets this year are a significant downgrade from past seasons (aka no players, no logos, pretty much nothing but a standard box office ticket on 'season ticket member' paper)? It appears they basically assembled these themselves and had the PNC arena box office print the tickets, stuck a sticker on the STM cards put it all in the boxes and sent them out right from the arena.

Not that it matters, but if they are going to go that cheap on the printed tickets I might just go full digital next year if I renew, (which may be the point of those cheap tickets?)

Its been a long time for me away from full season tickets....I assume that the actual tickets this year are a significant downgrade from past seasons (aka no players, no logos, pretty much nothing but a standard box office ticket on 'season ticket member' paper)? It appears they basically assembled these themselves and had the PNC arena box office print the tickets, stuck a sticker on the STM cards put it all in the boxes and sent them out right from the arena.

Not that it matters, but if they are going to go that cheap on the printed tickets I might just go full digital next year if I renew, (which may be the point of those cheap tickets?)

Yes, a significant downgrade on the tickets, especially in light of all the stuff surrounding the 20th Anniversary. I had the same thought you did; that they cheaped out on the tickets to encourage people to move to digital next year.

General parking will be $20 this season. Glad I bought the parking package with my season tix....33% off $15 a game is suddenly a better deal than ever. Apparently you can use credit cards now to pay at the lots effective August 31st.

Last edited:
For the record, Disney charges $20 bucks a day to park at their theme parks. Just for context.

Ahh..but remember all of that parking money goes right back into just parking. Painting the lots, re-surfacing the lots, paying people to man the lots, paying Raleigh's finest OT, etc....at least that is what someone claimed to the N&O when they raised parking from $10 to $15 not that long ago. No one banks a penny of the parking money, its all plowed back into cost of maintaining and manning the lots.

So now just 4 years later they are jacking up the price another $5 bucks again. The price of general parking for Canes games has doubled in just 4 years. If you say that 3k cars on average park for Canes games (some nights that will be conservative, some nights aggressive), that means the 'arena parking fund' will have gone from taking in $30,000 in parking fees PER GAME to now $60,000 in parking fees. Over 41 games? $1.23 million is now $2.46 million.

I said it when they raised the price to $15 four years ago that someone isn't telling the truth about where all of that money goes. I don't know if the people who manage arena parking would still claim that money only goes towards parking related expenses today, but I definitely wouldn't believe them at $20 a car. I mean, if they have 100 people working the lots each game, making $10 an hour for 5 hours, that is only $5k. Give the cops another what, $5k of that. Where is the other $50k per game going? To repave and repaint the lots? Does that cost $2 million per year, every year (I honestly don't know the answer to that, could it really be that much)?

Is someone auditing that money? I would actually feel better is someone said the Canes are taking that extra $5 per car per game as revenues for the club.

Someone named Mike or Mike reported that the Los Angles Chargers were CHARGING $100 for parking at a 30,000 seat soccer stadium that they didn't even fill.

I bet the Uber rates were crazy.

My experience with the Canaic Coach wasn't too bad. Plenty of drunks on weekends think so too. You wouldn't believe how many guys almost got laid but didn't for some reason. I recommend it if you like to drink adult beverages and party downtown afterwards. I saw many NCSU students as well. I also met a lot of nice fans who were staying at the Hampton. Funny, ever single Maple Leaf fan I met was going to Myrtle Beach the next day.

Anywho, grab some friends, leave work early with alcohol at the ready, and let someone else handle the ingress and egress.
http://www.caniaccoach.com/

In the interest of full disclosure, I bought parking passes in advance this year. I'm too good to ride a bus. :)

Last edited:
Ahh..but remember all of that parking money goes right back into just parking. Painting the lots, re-surfacing the lots, paying people to man the lots, paying Raleigh's finest OT, etc....at least that is what someone claimed to the N&O when they raised parking from $10 to $15 not that long ago. No one banks a penny of the parking money, its all plowed back into cost of maintaining and manning the lots.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/community/midtown-raleigh-news/article10299014.html

Found the likely source article, and they made an important clarification:

“If people think we’re getting rich off of parking, that’s not the case,” Perkins said. “Most of it is just enough to pay the bills.”

They never seemed to say it all goes back into parking costs. Someone is making money on this as you would expect.

FYI - I bought premier parking passes. Went to game last night and they are scanning all parking passes. I assume they are doing the same for the pre-sold general pass too. This will add time getting to your parking space.
I asked why and they said people have been making copies of them.

FYI - I bought premier parking passes. Went to game last night and they are scanning all parking passes. I assume they are doing the same for the pre-sold general pass too. This will add time getting to your parking space.
I asked why and they said people have been making copies of them.

Certainly that means that they will have more staff on hand to cut down on .... wait.

Also, I’ve been premium for ever and if there’s a real problem with copies, you’d never know it from the number of cars in the premium section. That’s BS.

Back