• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Deceptive Site Warning

Just a quick update, the site is safe, it's an SSL issue that google keeps flagging. It is being worked on, we're just deciding what route to take in doing so in light of it.

As everyone is aware, we've been having some issues with the site coming up as "deceptive." The site is safe and this is a software issue. We are working on getting this fixed.

Tonight (Oct 1st) at 11pm EST the site MAY go down for as much as 24 hours for site maintenance. We are hopeful that there will be little to no disruption of service.

We're trying to get this fixed before the season starts. Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Thanks fellas! You have been responsive and kept us informed-- appreciate the time and work on your end!

FYI, just switched my AV to MS Security Essentials and all is well using IE11 and Firefox 56.0. Chrome still a no go. Glad to be back :)

FYI, just switched my AV to MS Security Essentials and all is well using IE11 and Firefox 56.0. Chrome still a no go. Glad to be back :)

I guess this means I don't have to respond to your email? :couch

Here on a throwaway iPad. But Google's warning will unfortunately continue to keep me away on laptop and phone until cured via machinations described above.

Good luck and thanks for the efforts!

If I try to get on here using chrome from my phone and use google search "forum ice Carolina Hurricanes" the first result shows this site but when you click it takes you somewhere else still.

Yeah, I can't find this place via Google search. I'm still only able to access on my phone with Chrome. On a tablet or laptop, it's still a no go.

I can get here via Google Chrome if I agree to visit to this unsafe site (after hitting details) or via IE using windows 10 or 7... I can also access via my old iPad or my phone.

Last edited:
I didn't get any warning when going on here now.

But now it was back...

Last edited:
Hi all, good news. I've secured someone to fix all the issues and upgrade. Everything should be completed within 2 weeks. Thank you for your patience.

Hi all, good news. I've secured someone to fix all the issues and upgrade. Everything should be completed within 2 weeks. Thank you for your patience.

[snark]
Do you work for Greenberg?
[/snark]

Seriously, thanks for keeping after it. I'm sure it has to have been a royal pain.

It's more a matter of finding time. I've been crazy busy with work. It'll get done.

Resolved.

A little over a day of posts are lost though after porting the site to a different server.

Thanks, Habsy!

(I'll let you know in two weeks if the ongoing problem I have with getting to the site when connected to Delta's inflight Wifi service has been impacted by this.)

Back