• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2021-22 Edition

Re: Rumours, Innuendos and Flat out B.S.: 2017-18 Edition

We can't give Colorado Dahlin :smilewinkgrin:

You doubt Max’s ability to help win them some games. No guarantee that Colorado will win the lottery, their luck lately suggests that they won’t. Habs just need to get in bottom 5.

You doubt Max’s ability to help win them some games. No guarantee that Colorado will win the lottery, their luck lately suggests that they won’t. Habs just need to get in bottom 5.

I think Joe is done dealing for now Fred , he dumped MD .

Max is the perfect fit in Edmonton where he can feed off CMD or Leon. He is to us now where Kessel was in Toronto .

A lost puppy on a bad team that needs to reset and can't win with or without him .

I can't think of a better scenario for both sides to engage in trade talks .

I think Joe is done dealing for now Fred , he dumped MD .

Max is the perfect fit in Edmonton where he can feed off CMD or Leon. He is to us now where Kessel was in Toronto .

A lost puppy on a bad team that needs to reset and can't win with or without him .

I can't think of a better scenario for both sides to engage in trade talks .

If MB were to put Max on the market I agree Edmonton would probably go hard after Max but I would rather deal with someone else.

Not really interested in getting RNH or Nurse for a 35 goal scorer.

If MB were to put Max on the market I agree Edmonton would probably go hard after Max but I would rather deal with someone else.

Not really interested in getting RNH or Nurse for a 35 goal scorer.

No but add another good piece and go for Draisitl (sp?). Glachenyuk, Gallagher... someone like that.

No but add another good piece and go for Draisitl (sp?). Glachenyuk, Gallagher... someone like that.

I don't see them moving Draisaitl....what is pathetic in Edm is that they are actually pretty thin on actual good top six talent.

After Mcdavid and Draisaitl your talent is Maroon, Lucic, RNH,

I don't see them moving Draisaitl....what is pathetic in Edm is that they are actually pretty thin on actual good top six talent.

After Mcdavid and Draisaitl your talent is Maroon, Lucic, RNH,
Yeah, this was a factor that was really underrated by the many media outlets that were rushing to declare them a pre-season Cup contender. Their forward depth wasn't good to start off with, but Chiarelli's been steadily chipping away at it since being named the team's GM. He's essentially swapped Taylor Hall & Jordan Eberle for Milan Lucic & Ryan Strome, and that was a huge downgrade in each case. The depth players he's acquired to fill out the roster likewise haven't turned out to be any better than replacement-level players, or worse (Jokinen, Letestu, Caggiula, Kassian).

And based on Chia's track record with Boston, it's unlikely that any help's coming from the draft either. He ran Boston's draft table from 2007 through to 2014, and during that whole time, the only NHL players they pulled out of the draft (aside from the two top-10 picks---Seguin & Hamilton---that Brian Burke gifted them) were Joe Colborne, Ryan Spooner, Matthew Benning & David Pastrnak. Now Pastrnak was a home run, especially at 25th overall, but that's a pretty pathetic record for eight entry drafts.

And he's not off to a good start in Edmonton, in that respect. I mean, it is early still, so we can't definitively evaluate a lot of his picks. But a few moves already look bad. With Matthew Barzal, Kyle Connor & Thomas Chabot all sitting on the draft board, he decided to trade away his first round pick (and an early 2nd rounder) for a poor man's Luke Schenn in Griffin Reinhart. Jesse Puljujarvi is another one. It's hard to criticize too much, since he was a consensus pick there. But the bottom line is that a couple of guys selected almost immediately after him (Tkachuk, Keller) already look like studs at the NHL level.

The thing of course is that they are just so mediocre after Mcdavid and Draisaitl in the context of how many top five picks they've had in the last ten years.

Plus, they can't even say that these opportunities at drafting so high has yielded them a good defense corp.

Edmonton had a good run last year but big picture this is not a team that I would call a contender.

Some "experts". I had Edmonton pegged as a non-playoff team this year, finishing sixth in the division for some of the reasons mentioned. Eventually, with McDavid, they'll get in right, but not this year I figured. Vegas, I has ahead of them and in the playoffs.I am the expert, not the media:smilewinkgrin:.

In the name of full disclosure, I also had LA at 8 and Phoenix at 3....that part not shaping up. Give it time....lots of time

Some "experts". I had Edmonton pegged as a non-playoff team this year, finishing sixth in the division for some of the reasons mentioned. Eventually, with McDavid, they'll get in right, but not this year I figured. Vegas, I has ahead of them and in the playoffs.I am the expert, not the media:smilewinkgrin:.

In the name of full disclosure, I also had LA at 8 and Phoenix at 3....that part not shaping up. Give it time....lots of time

Where did you have the habs?

The thing of course is that they are just so mediocre after Mcdavid and Draisaitl in the context of how many top five picks they've had in the last ten years.

Plus, they can't even say that these opportunities at drafting so high has yielded them a good defense corp.

Edmonton had a good run last year but big picture this is not a team that I would call a contender.

Yet, in the last 24 years, they have the same number of cups as us, 0. I would still take their entire roster over ours. They could literally make some trades, and tweak it up if they wanted to trade some prospects/picks.

This situations in Edmonton and Montreal are completely different.

The Oliers have a 10 year window. The Habs don't have any window.

Yet, in the last 24 years, they have the same number of cups as us, 0. I would still take their entire roster over ours. They could literally make some trades, and tweak it up if they wanted to trade some prospects/picks.

They have had ample opportunity to become a quality team....it's really sad that they have had as many top five picks as they have had to still be a mediocre team even with the best player in the world.

I can't say we have been afforded as many quality picks as Edm to really make a parallel between the two teams.

Since 2010 they have had 4 first overall, 1 third overall, 1 fourth overall, 1 seventh overall

Edmonton doesn't need a lot to become much better due to McDavid, but they are really thin right now.

Seems like Chiarelli set them back instead of taking the next step forward.

Ovechkin was 20 once too. We're still waiting to see Washington win a Cup. Having one superstar doesn't buy you much.

Capitals have 10 div titles, and 1 finals appearance in '98 , yes, that's actually more recent than the Habs. Washington actually hasn't been bad the last 10 or so years, thus they never went on a full rebuild. Can you believe it's been almost 24 YEARS and a cancelled season since the habs even made it to the finals??? Not even a cup. That's fkn pathetic. You can't help but laugh at the state of this franchise right now.

Back