• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Leafs - Habs - Sens

My favourite is the QOC grading system. Could never remember how the old numbers worked. Much easier to understand.

Love the comprehensive advanced stats, but I do miss 82 game scoring paces.

This. I love advanced stats too, but since zeke is only dealing with advanced stats I've kind of stopped following. I can find these advanced stats anywhere, its nice seeing the scoring paces in addition to everything else.

This. I love advanced stats too, but since zeke is only dealing with advanced stats I've kind of stopped following. I can find these advanced stats anywhere, its nice seeing the scoring paces in addition to everything else.

just to toot my own horn here - I really don't think you'll get a breakdown as complete as this, showing usage in quantity and quality and performance in both scoring and possession in all the different situation, easily available anywhere else. And obviously not in comparison to the other teams like this. I only do it because I can't find this kind of breakdown anywhere else.

as for the scoring paces....they were always way better than just looking at points, but really I don't think they add anything to this.

just to toot my own horn here - I really don't think you'll get a breakdown as complete as this, showing usage in quantity and quality and performance in both scoring and possession in all the different situation, easily available anywhere else. And obviously not in comparison to the other teams like this. I only do it because I can't find this kind of breakdown anywhere else.

as for the scoring paces....they were always way better than just looking at points, but really I don't think they add anything to this.

I get it. I'd just prefer the whole picture (advanced stats+the stuff you did before) and you're just showing the advanced stats portion. If this is what the majority prefer's though (just your advanced stats) then it is what you should do.

Not to throw cold water on Zeke's hard unpaid work here, but I liked last years version better. Simple minds were able to understand it without having to do additional reading.

I get it. I'd just prefer the whole picture (advanced stats+the stuff you did before) and you're just showing the advanced stats portion. If this is what the majority prefer's though (just your advanced stats) then it is what you should do.

I think these stats give a much bigger pitcure, tbh.

the p60 numbers split up into ES and PP production are just a far better description of that player's offensive ability imo.

the point pace numbers just couldn't account for huge factors outside a player's control - like ice time and PP duty.

I guess my question is - what do you think the pace points stats tell you that isn't already here?

I think these stats give a much bigger pitcure, tbh.

the p60 numbers split up into ES and PP production are just a far better description of that player's offensive ability imo.

the point pace numbers just couldn't account for huge factors outside a player's control - like ice time and PP duty.

I guess my question is - what do you think the pace points stats tell you that isn't already here?

Who's going to win individual awards?

At least until the day they award the rocket Richard trophy to the player with the best goals p/60 min 41 games played.

Matthews(for example) with 37 GP out of 37 played for the leafs, scoring at a 50 goal pace tells me more than Matthews scoring at whatever per 60 minutes

does it, though?

It tells me more about what numbers he might end up putting up at the end of the season. You're right that it doesn't tell you if he's actually a better player than someone else, or if that number is skewed because of sheltered minutes or phantom 2nd assists or whatever. I like the new stats that you've put out, but in a lot of ways, they're just a jumble of numbers. It's still nice to see that Matthews is on a 50g pace or not, even if that doesn't tell you nearly as much about their actual play as the other stats.

Back