• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

Some may have noticed but JD is starting to look very good a C. It may have taken almost a year to get there but he is playing better defensively and the points are starting to roll in. This of coarse is not helping the tank at all. Good thing 3/4 of the team is ahl worthy. I can see MB going hard after van Riemsdyk if available in the off season to give him a better winger. There is no chance of us getting a center in the off season in my opinion.

I have noticed a few players playing better but I worry about the points gained once the team is out of the playoffs.

Does that translate into next year? maybe

I have noticed a few players playing better but I worry about the points gained once the team is out of the playoffs.

Seriously how much better can we be next year unless 31 walks on water again ?

TB, TO, Florida and Boston have past us , its going to be a painful few years .

67 will most certainly be traded and our scoring is still atrocious .

Our D is slow and who knows what 6 will look like after a major injury.

I dont see 27,92,62 magically turning into 70 point scorers .

Free agency will yield nothing of significance with our challenges getting players .

No prospect is ready to provide any help anytime soon .

I think the Habs have lost 5 of their last 6 games. They're currently playing worse than they have (as a team) all season.

Yes, yes, yes.

There is no franchise center where we're going to be drafting.

Random thought: If we do end up getting the #1 pick, I'd be shopping it like crazy to all the teams drafting between 2 & 5.

I am all aboard the Quinn Hughes bandwagon.

Yes, yes, yes.

Random thought: If we do end up getting the #1 pick, I'd be shopping it like crazy to all the teams drafting between 2 & 5.

Just draft dahlin and don't sign him. Thst way we suck just as much next season, hopefully grab Hughes and there, rebuild done. Hughes and dahlin both coming in at the same time?

Pipe dream of course, this isnt the Edmonton oilers era of drafting.

Yes, yes, yes.

I draft Dahlin unless you can trade it for a fortune.

Draisaitl and the 3rd (?) overall pick for Dahlin?

Yes, yes, yes.

My scout buddy loves him , and if he was 6 feet and 200 pounds he thinks would give RD a run for #1.

For me I want Zadina or Tkatchuk and dont want us falling past 5 if possible.

My scout buddy loves him , and if he was 6 feet and 200 pounds he thinks would give RD a run for #1.

For me I want Zadina or Tkatchuk and dont want us falling past 5 if possible.

Yeah.

Niemi needs to hurt something.

I draft Dahlin unless you can trade it for a fortune.

Draisaitl and the 3rd (?) overall pick for Dahlin?

Yep this is something that could interest the Habs. Pretty much everybody thinks Draisaitl's contract is too rich, I am sure especially the Oilers. But for Montreal this is exactly the type of player the Habs could justify overpaying.

And Edmonton gets a generational dman to go with their generational centre.

If Dahlin is as good as he appears to be, this could still be a bad trade for Montreal. But it does give them a #1 centre and a very good prospect with that number 3 or whatever pick it would be.

It's a pipe dream though... we'd never be lucky enough to win the lottery.

Back