• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

He's on the small side sure, but this is an era where mobility is more important than size. Plus, Brian Campbell had a very nice career in the NHL with a similar frame in a way more difficult era.

Good point about Campbell playing in a heavy physical league and in west as well

If we did not have Alzner i would feel better about this Lucic thing.

The issue is how many old declining players can you have making big money in 4 years.

Alzner, Price, Weber, Lucic...then you need to sign your hopefully currently young/undrafted stars.

Now if you plan is to suck hard for 4-5 years okay. Lets look at what we can get for Price and Weber.

I am not worried about Lucic's contract in year 1 or 2...it is from 3-5 i worry.
Which is why edmonton wants him gone...they are hoping to contend now.

Actually Alzner for Lucic was one of the big rumours, but apparently Edmonton said no.

likely just made up

I kind of like the idea. I would rather have Lucic as a bottom centre than McCarron or DLR. We get rid of Alzner and Edmonton might have more success with Alzner in their system. Edmonton gets a bit of cap relief and doesnt have to give up picks. Play Lucic against the other teams bottom D pairings and he will have some success.

In the end both teams are likely going to dump these guys in a couple of years anyway.

the guy could not have success playing with mcdavid (ty ****ing rattie did) and prime PP mins

the guy could not have success playing with mcdavid (ty ****ing rattie did) and prime PP mins

Lucic is paid like a top 6 but he isnt. Dumb move by management but why make it dumber by playing him on the top line against top D. Play him against slower, smaller D where he can dominate.

I kind of like the idea. I would rather have Lucic as a bottom centre than McCarron or DLR. We get rid of Alzner and Edmonton might have more success with Alzner in their system. Edmonton gets a bit of cap relief and doesnt have to give up picks. Play Lucic against the other teams bottom D pairings and he will have some success.

In the end both teams are likely going to dump these guys in a couple of years anyway.
I'd rather buyout Alzner than trade him for Lucic. I'd also rather play him than to buy him out right now.

Lucic's contract is far worse than Alzner.

I'd rather buyout Alzner than trade him for Lucic. I'd also rather play him than to buy him out right now.

agreed

let him play a few more years and they buy him out when the money gets in the way

agreed although apparently Alzner's contract has some weird provisions regarding lockouts that makes a buy out difficult.

Lucic is paid like a top 6 but he isnt. Dumb move by management but why make it dumber by playing him on the top line against top D. Play him against slower, smaller D where he can dominate.

Like the designated goon, slow & small d-man are extinct. Slow d-men, regardless of size, are about to be extinct.

The modern-day NHL is all about speed, speed, speed.

Like the designated goon, slow & small d-man are extinct. Slow d-men, regardless of size, are about to be extinct.

The modern-day NHL is all about speed, speed, speed.

The one problem being that these guys are almost playing too fast compared to their puck skills.

The game is still played on a smaller ice surface. There is still a lot of banging and crashing going on along the boards and in front of the net. Lucic still has a place in the game.

The one problem being that these guys are almost playing too fast compared to their puck skills.

Yep. Look at a big skilled guy, like Jumbo Joe. Great hands, great vision, great playmaker. A handful behind the net when cycling low. His eyes and mind are faster than his feet.

The game is still played on a smaller ice surface. There is still a lot of banging and crashing going on along the boards and in front of the net. Lucic still has a place in the game.

By that logic, fighting is still in hockey, there's still a place in the game for a designated goon too, right?

Players like Lucic are becoming less and less noticeable because if they can't skate, they won't be able to hit players anymore.

By that logic, fighting is still in hockey, there's still a place in the game for a designated goon too, right?

Players like Lucic are becoming less and less noticeable because if they can't skate, they won't be able to hit players anymore.

So you are saying that physical battles in front of the net and along the boards will not be a part of hockey soon? That's never going away.

I dont like watching goons in hockey but Lucic has 481 career points. That's not a goon.

Back