• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

It doesn't matter which player has greater upside.

MB is the general manager of this team. He will be selecting the player that is best suited to be an NHLer right now. MB is only concerned about the immediate.

I don't know who they will draft, but whomever they do - that player will be in the lineup next season. They won't take a player that obviously needs a year or two.

Was it here that someone wrote that Zadina is a "franchise winger"?

I don't know what's a bigger oxymoron, a franchise winger or an elite 3rd line center.

I personally want them to draft Zadina. However, if they go in a another direction - so be it. This team needs multiple pieces at multiple positions and will need multiple drafts to fix its problems. This is just the first step.

I personally want them to draft Zadina. However, if they go in a another direction - so be it. This team needs multiple pieces at multiple positions and will need multiple drafts to fix its problems. This is just the first step.

For all the attention the first round is getting, its the second round where the habs need to strike gold.

Any team can draft in the top 3, its when you can find gems in the second and third round that will help with making that next step

For all the attention the first round is getting, its the second round where the habs need to strike gold.
Yup - and there are a couple of C, who are expected to go in round 2, who are very intriguing- I really like Jay O’Brien (Providence College) should he slip past 1st round

Jay O’Brien – NHL Draft Projection

O’Brien is comfortably a second rounder for me. He’s clearly a notch below the top-end guys, but has good upside for the next level. A center who is a right-shot that has speed will be highly coveted. He’s somebody that I could see teams trade up for if he starts slipping down too far. On my personal list, he is 44th overall.

https://thehockeywriters.com/jay-obrien-2018-nhl-draft-prospect-profile/

I was literally going to make same comment.

But yeah, wingers tend to be less valuable than centres.

I agree with the general sentiment but there is exceptions. Just this franchise had Guy Lafleur and Maurice Richard. A certain fellow named Gordie Howe might have something to say about it as well. Or Mike Bossy. Iginla was definitely another one. Or Jagr.

Back