• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2018 NHL Entry Draft

I know, so why would they only get smart when trading with us. If a Rick Nash rental got Spooner and a 1st, surely a full year of Max would get us more. One year of Lucic got a 13th overall, Martin Jones (later flipped for another 1st), and Colin Miller. Surely Max would fetch as much as Lucic. We're talking about a perrenial 30+ scorer who never had a better center than DD. No baggage or bad attitude, good 2 ways player, easily coachable.

As I said above, there's less rational thinking at the trade deadline than in the off-season. Dreams in early March of a Stanley Cup parade in June frequently make GM's do what are clearly irrational trades.

And our GM wants to keep his job, so trading Max (and his goals) away for a draft pick doesn't seem like something he would do

I know, so why would they only get smart when trading with us. If a Rick Nash rental got Spooner and a 1st, surely a full year of Max would get us more. One year of Lucic got a 13th overall, Martin Jones (later flipped for another 1st), and Colin Miller. Surely Max would fetch as much as Lucic. We're talking about a perrenial 30+ scorer who never had a better center than DD. No baggage or bad attitude, good 2 ways player, easily coachable.

I think GMs are coming to the realization that young players are coming ready to play in the NHL more than ever before. Any GM who trades a good 1st pick away (#15 or higher) better make sure that player they intended to pick was a decent question mark. Also in Max's case they should think they have a decent chance to re-sign him. I'm sure that's what LA was thinking when the got Lucic, but they got burned and the league took note of that.

I think GMs are coming to the realization that young players are coming ready to play in the NHL more than ever before. Any GM who trades a good 1st pick away (#15 or higher) better make sure that player they intended to pick was a decent question mark. Also in Max's case they should think they have a decent chance to re-sign him. I'm sure that's what LA was thinking when the got Lucic, but they got burned and the league took note of that.

Thats exactly what is going on .....youth is being injected earlier on team rosters and are playing bigger roles much sooner .

An exec like Lamorillo would be nuts to part with # 11 and AB for a 30 year old Max looking for big money in a year and will be 31 .

There is no way a young legit looking 25 + goal scorer plus a Dobson, or Veleno, or Widle is worth Max

The time to get max on Max was 2 years ago but they fooked up waiting .

Thats exactly what is going on .....youth is being injected earlier on team rosters and are playing bigger roles much sooner .

An exec like Lamorillo would be nuts to part with # 11 and AB for a 30 year old Max looking for big money in a year and will be 31 .

There is no way a young legit looking 25 + goal scorer plus a Dobson, or Veleno, or Widle is worth Max

The time to get max on Max was 2 years ago but they fooked up waiting .

Lou has also seen a lot of max in the past few seasons. That may not be a good thing.

Any GM that trade for him now can also recoup his losses by trading him at the deadline if things don't work out. We can also do like Nashville did with Turris and allow the team to negotiate with Max ahead of the deal. I'm not trading Max for less than a 1st and a good prospect. At worse I hold onto him until someone gets desperate, even if it's the deadline next year. No GM is going to find a 35 goals scorer at such an affordable cap hit anywhere else. And the guy that will be available July 1st (like JVR) will fetch a pretty penny.

Any GM that trade for him now can also recoup his losses by trading him at the deadline if things don't work out. We can also do like Nashville did with Turris and allow the team to negotiate with Max ahead of the deal. I'm not trading Max for less than a 1st and a good prospect. At worse I hold onto him until someone gets desperate, even if it's the deadline next year. No GM is going to find a 35 goals scorer at such an affordable cap hit anywhere else. And the guy that will be available July 1st (like JVR) will fetch a pretty penny.

:rolleyes(2): so Max isnt traded .....damn it

Just for one more year. That's next to nothing, especially in exchange for a first round pick.

You overvalue first round picks. A proven NHL goal scorer vs a maybe in a draft, especially when the pick is outside top 10. A team looking to go for it will make that trade.

Let me get this straight, Cory Schneider, a goalie was traded for what a 9th overall pick and goalies have no trade value on the market, yet the 2nd best goal scorer over the past 6-years has less market value?

Let me get this straight, Cory Schneider, a goalie was traded for what a 9th overall pick and goalies have no trade value on the market, yet the 2nd best goal scorer over the past 6-years has less market value?

Times are changing.

This is a young mans league now, and teams want to win when young players are on their elc or RFA contracts.

Deals from 5 years ago don't mean much now.

Times are changing.

This is a young mans league now, and teams want to win when young players are on their elc or RFA contracts.

Bingo ...he has to get traded this summer

Cut your best deal and move on

How anyone with the optics of this team want him back on a massive term deal at 31 is beyond me

Having 6, 31 and 67 inked into their mid to late 30`s is pointless

Times are changing.

Times haven't changed that much, teams looking to solve a need right now still value a sure thing over a maybe in 2-3 years.

Back