Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 2174

Thread: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2018 NHL Entry Draft

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    the argument does go both ways.. but we know he is very small for an NHL dman
    He's on the small side sure, but this is an era where mobility is more important than size. Plus, Brian Campbell had a very nice career in the NHL with a similar frame in a way more difficult era.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    He's on the small side sure, but this is an era where mobility is more important than size. Plus, Brian Campbell had a very nice career in the NHL with a similar frame in a way more difficult era.
    Good point about Campbell playing in a heavy physical league and in west as well

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    If we did not have Alzner i would feel better about this Lucic thing.

The issue is how many old declining players can you have making big money in 4 years.

Alzner, Price, Weber, Lucic...then you need to sign your hopefully currently young/undrafted stars.

Now if you plan is to suck hard for 4-5 years okay. Lets look at what we can get for Price and Weber.

I am not worried about Lucic's contract in year 1 or 2...it is from 3-5 i worry.
    Which is why edmonton wants him gone...they are hoping to contend now.
    Actually Alzner for Lucic was one of the big rumours, but apparently Edmonton said no.

Post Thanks / Like

Per Friedman Lucic wants out of Canada (wife sees the microscope & doesn’t like it one bit), and Oilers look confident at getting a deal done.

https://frshockey.com/nhl/oilers/fri...rade-dynamics/

It’ll be interesting to watch this summer how much impact the playoff performances of Tom Wilson, Alex Tuch, DSP, Reaves etc.. has on teams....

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wiseguy1 View Post
    Actually Alzner for Lucic was one of the big rumours, but apparently Edmonton said no.
    Lose-lose deal. Oilers don't get the cap relief they are looking for and we get stuck with an even worse contract.

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lose-lose deal. Oilers don't get the cap relief they are looking for and we get stuck with an even worse contract.
    So a total Bergevinian move...
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

likely just made up

Post Thanks / Like

likely just made up
    I kind of like the idea. I would rather have Lucic as a bottom centre than McCarron or DLR. We get rid of Alzner and Edmonton might have more success with Alzner in their system. Edmonton gets a bit of cap relief and doesnt have to give up picks. Play Lucic against the other teams bottom D pairings and he will have some success.

In the end both teams are likely going to dump these guys in a couple of years anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

the guy could not have success playing with mcdavid (ty ****ing rattie did) and prime PP mins

Post Thanks / Like

the guy could not have success playing with mcdavid (ty ****ing rattie did) and prime PP mins
    Lucic is paid like a top 6 but he isnt. Dumb move by management but why make it dumber by playing him on the top line against top D. Play him against slower, smaller D where he can dominate.

Post Thanks / Like

I kind of like the idea. I would rather have Lucic as a bottom centre than McCarron or DLR. We get rid of Alzner and Edmonton might have more success with Alzner in their system. Edmonton gets a bit of cap relief and doesnt have to give up picks. Play Lucic against the other teams bottom D pairings and he will have some success.

In the end both teams are likely going to dump these guys in a couple of years anyway.
    I'd rather buyout Alzner than trade him for Lucic. I'd also rather play him than to buy him out right now.

Lucic's contract is far worse than Alzner.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd rather buyout Alzner than trade him for Lucic. I'd also rather play him than to buy him out right now.

agreed

let him play a few more years and they buy him out when the money gets in the way

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

agreed although apparently Alzner's contract has some weird provisions regarding lockouts that makes a buy out difficult.
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucic is paid like a top 6 but he isnt. Dumb move by management but why make it dumber by playing him on the top line against top D. Play him against slower, smaller D where he can dominate.
    Like the designated goon, slow & small d-man are extinct. Slow d-men, regardless of size, are about to be extinct.

The modern-day NHL is all about speed, speed, speed.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

"Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    Like the designated goon, slow & small d-man are extinct. Slow d-men, regardless of size, are about to be extinct.

The modern-day NHL is all about speed, speed, speed.
    The one problem being that these guys are almost playing too fast compared to their puck skills.

Post Thanks / Like

The game is still played on a smaller ice surface. There is still a lot of banging and crashing going on along the boards and in front of the net. Lucic still has a place in the game.

Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The game is still played on a smaller ice surface. There is still a lot of banging and crashing going on along the boards and in front of the net. Lucic still has a place in the game.
    yup....just not at 6 mil anymore

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    The one problem being that these guys are almost playing too fast compared to their puck skills.
    Yep. Look at a big skilled guy, like Jumbo Joe. Great hands, great vision, great playmaker. A handful behind the net when cycling low. His eyes and mind are faster than his feet.

Post Thanks / Like

By that logic, fighting is still in hockey, there's still a place in the game for a designated goon too, right?

Players like Lucic are becoming less and less noticeable because if they can't skate, they won't be able to hit players anymore.
    Elite goaltending will hide a lot of a bad team's flaws and make them look a lot better than they truly are. That's why Carey Price is the single most important player to his team in the NHL.

My new poorly written out thoughts on this season's Montreal Canadiens.

"Remember guys, your life could always be worse. You could be so ugly, broken and miserable that feminism actually sounds like a good idea." -Milo Yiannopoulos

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GGpX View Post
    By that logic, fighting is still in hockey, there's still a place in the game for a designated goon too, right?

Players like Lucic are becoming less and less noticeable because if they can't skate, they won't be able to hit players anymore.
    So you are saying that physical battles in front of the net and along the boards will not be a part of hockey soon? That's never going away.

I dont like watching goons in hockey but Lucic has 481 career points. That's not a goon.

Page 102 of 109 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast